Arizona Spring Ride - Antelope Canyon

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desertrefugee

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't bore folks with this rider earlier this year (late March), but I'm bored at home alone and thought I'd tell a quick tale and post a couple of shots. Went with a group of folks from Phoenix - six bikes all but one with a companion passenger. Fun group.

Antelope Canyon just outside of Page, Arizona. One of the Earth's "Special Places". It's owned by the Apache Nation and they take good care of it, but is is heavily exploited for numerous daily tours. We were up, I believe, the first week after it opened for the season. Still, there were crowds. Our guide made a point to hustle us out early (we had one of the first tours of the day). We got onsite before the crowds grew and had the place to ourselves going through. Magical. A must see.

We also stopped by Horseshoe Bend on the way into Page. A bit of a hike down to the point, but another one of those "Special Places". On into Page for a stay at the non-chain hotel the Pageboy. Older place, but VERY nice. Neat as a pin and you can park your bike right outside the door of your room. Recommended.
IMG_2322.JPG

Hmm. Having trouble with posts and multiple images. Either images from this trip are corrupted, too big for the system to reduce, or I'm crackin' up. I cannot attach some of my favorite shots of that ride...

I'll poke at it a bit more, but am about to just say, "It is a beautiful place and a great Springtime ride!"

Nice area. If you load the pics in your forum album first you should not have any issues posting them.

[url=https://forum.classicgoldwings.com/viewtopic.php?p=191103#p191103:u0uoonrt said:
Omega Man » Sat May 27, 2017 12:10 pm[/url]":u0uoonrt]
Sooo cool! :good:

edit- that first pic kinda scared me. :shock:

~O~

lol. How do you think I feel, OM? I have to look at that every day!

[url=https://forum.classicgoldwings.com/viewtopic.php?p=191107#p191107:u0uoonrt said:
slabghost » Sat May 27, 2017 1:30 pm[/url]":u0uoonrt]
Nice area. If you load the pics in your forum album first you should not have any issues posting them.

Thanks SG. I will next time. I didn't want to clog the album archives. But, I guess that's silly. Disk space is disk space whether the album area or the forum area. I'll try that next time. But, I'd just not seen that behavior before.

We encourage members to use their forum albums for pics as that will preserve their existence in posts. If attached from another site they can be lost.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=191117#p191117:3g01vafn said:
slabghost » Sun May 28, 2017 12:37 pm[/url]":3g01vafn]
We encourage members to use their forum albums for pics as that will preserve their existence in posts. If attached from another site they can be lost.
:good:

Latest posts