Workshop gremlins are driving me nuts!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmyoch

Reaction score
This happens to me all the darn time. I set something down and it vaporizes into another dimension! Tonight I was excited to get my solex carb cleaned and new kit installed. I had one extra part, a spring that goes in the little pump next to the electric choke. I had it in my hand, set it on the bench to reach over to get my screwdriver to remove the pump cover, turned around, GONE!

I spent an hour going over and over the work bench, crawled on the floor with a flashlight, nothing! I'm inches away from installing my single carb setup and now I'm a spring away from completion that I may have to source. My luck has been total crap lately!

I feels yer pain, brother!! :Awe: One time, I looked for a dam wrench for 30 minutes, then realized it was in my friggin HAND the whole time! :rant: Believe it or not, when I lose something like that spring, and I start getting frustrated, I walk away, or I start doing something else....and then whatever I was looking for magically appears....usually.....sometimes. :whistling:

Well, I've walked away for the evening. I'll cool off and check tomorrow.

Know its within reach, just had it in my hand, :headscratch: where is it, :rant: in my pocket? :smilie_happy:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=193406#p193406:35m4sfaa said:
dan filipi » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:57 am[/url]":35m4sfaa]
I ask my wife. Somehow she always finds it right away.
:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:
You are like the rest of us Dan, you have been married way too long.. :clapping:

Don't panic, go for a coke, cigarette, walk or what else you normaly do when needed. Retourn to the workshop as nothing happened before and you'll see the lost "nut" thing [emoji2]
I hope it works [emoji106]
Sometimes it does in my case and see what i was looking for just in front of my eyes. But didn't see it before. Must be murphy's law.
[emoji6]

Latest posts