carb sync problem question?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinman38

Supporting Member
Reaction score
sorry to have to ask a question already. I tried to sync. my carbs today can get 1-2-4 to sync to 16hg but #3 is at 41hg. Does anybody have any idea what is wrong have tried everything except pulling and going through #3 again. If anybody has any ideas? Or maybe has seen this before. Thanks for any and all ideas.

Not sure what the Hg should be (number wise), but all of the carbs are synced to #3. #3 is the main baseline for the other carbs. Get #1 synced to #3 first. Then #2 to #4. Then left side to right side. Rinse and repeat!

Honestly, I never looked at what the dials read for actual vacuum. I always take my gauges and set them each to #3 carb making sure they are all calibrated the same and then start the sync process.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ildcIqEOF9s[/video]

Basically as it works out, your #3 carb throttle plate is now closed more than the others which raises the vacuum. Sync as Gerry suggested and it will even out. Disregard the hg reading. A balance on all 4 is what you’re after.

I want to thank-you gentlemen for some reason I was using #4 as my base it synced right the minute you pointed out my mistake now its 22 across the dial. Becomes easy when you except the advice of experience. Again thank-you

:good:
Much easier to do the job when you know what to do... :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:
Next time will be a piece of cake. :yes: