Carburetor Troubles

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve83

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was ridin' the Wing along a beautiful country road, when suddenly she starts sputtering and misfiring. I pulled onto the shoulder and started checking things out.

Suddenly, I heard a voice say, "The trouble is in the carburetors!"

I glanced up and saw nobody there. I stood up, looked around and there was not a person in sight, only a few cattle in the field and a horse standing at the fence.

I must've been hearing things! Or maybe I was just tired from the long ride...oh well.

I resumed my troubleshooting, and once again I hear, "I'm tellin' you, the trouble is in the carburetors!"

I jumped up, looked around, and that horse stared right at me and said, "Trust me...carburetor problem."

Well, I freaked! I ran all the way to the farm house up the road and banged on the door. The old farmer opened the door and asked, "May I help you?"

Trying to catch my breath, I told him that my bike broke down, and as I was working on it, his horse told me that the problem was in the carburetors! I said, "That's amazing! I've never seen anything like that! You've really got something fantastic out there!"

"Aw hell," the farmer said, "don't pay no attention to that damn horse - he don't know nothin' about carburetors!"

thats mr ed steve ...hes been retired there sence his hollwood days and tv stardom ....just taking it easy nowdays ...he was rather smart horse id check the carbs :shock: :hihihi:

:mrgreen:
Kinda like Mama callin me one day and sayin that she thought there was a problem with the carb on her car.
I says, "Carb? You don't even know where the carb is on the car"
She says, "Yes I do.."
I says "Where?"
She says...."It's at the bottom of the pool...where the rest of the car is...." :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky:

:smilie_happy:

Every time I've broken down in the country and had to walk to a farm house, I had to fight his dogs the last quarter mile of the way. Makes a long walk even longer.
Never heard of a talking horse, but Francis the talking mule was real! It's in the Bible!

scdmarx":1560xcsh said:
Never heard of a talking horse, but Francis the talking mule was real! It's in the Bible!
Tis true! The funny part about this is that when the donkey starts to talk, Balaam starts arguing with him and suggest that he should kill the donkey! That is how you know Balaam was out of his mind......think of much value a talking donkey had! :hihihi:

The farmer was right - that stupid horse knew nothing about carburetors! The trouble was a loose pulser connection! Maybe I should've asked one of the cows...

:whistling: :hihihi: