sound of new exhaust for hooch

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not that i could really tell dan ...to be clear the exhaust still has no cross over hooked up yet ...just blocked right now and also the loint is just sliped together right now waiting to get stuff to finish these things ... so its not time to compare yet

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=132416#p132416:c7rgb9xj said:
ekvh » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:11 pm[/url]":c7rgb9xj]
I like the weight you used to contain front end wobble. Pipes sound good.

must be talking about my keys ...LOL :hihihi:

Nice sound Joe, will sound even sweeter with a balance/crossover tube :good:

So I am out of the loop. What carb ya running? What exhaust ya using? Will it pull redline? How's the midrange power? What does your seat of the pants dyno tell you?
Thx

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=132518#p132518:upyl981u said:
tuna » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:54 pm[/url]":upyl981u]
So I am out of the loop. What carb ya running? What exhaust ya using? Will it pull redline? How's the midrange power? What does your seat of the pants dyno tell you?
Thx
Weber two brl single carb. 1000 headers, no name after market mufflers off a 1000. Gobs of power everywhere from idle to redline or rev limiter. Pants dyno says "rocket". :smilie_happy:
Read the Hooch build threads for more info. :good:

ok tuna the hooch bike is ans has

77 1000 framed bike ....1200 final drive wheel and all... 1200 front wheel on 1000 forks ....motor is 86 1200 yr ....motor has 1100 heads on it 76 1000 371 cams ....pistons knotched for the bigger valves the intake and ports the 1100 heads have ...dft 32-34 weber licenced ford carb thats a progessive downdraft 2 barrel ...type 4 VW carb manifold ... finished with with what is celled grab bar runners to head....
also running the c5 ignition system ...that give the ability to have custom curves... also was blessed with paul from c5 ignitions to program me some custom curves in the ignition ...no better system anywhere for ignition

ok as for butt dyno .... one of the biggest factors is execution time of how quick a motor goes from nothing to all out .... on hooch this seems to be quick ... low end power is instant off idle .... and it never quits till it hit the 10000 rpm limiter that paul from c5 custom set in this bike too .....the combination of old tech strait carb....and high tech ignition makes this one sweet deal

it took long time to mod all the transplanted parts to work good ...outcome is ..the is the best build i have ever done .. i use to kid i was trying to make a oldwing rocket hunter .... sheesh i actually did ...i had to keep raising the gearing up on this bike as it could hurt you quick with its instant power ...and it did so on me ... also had to make some throttle pull mods to make it safer.... butt dyno is much safer now ...thats how the butt dyno thinking went ....needed to safe n the butt some :smilie_happy:

type in hooch there is yrs worth of blab theads and all the trials and many errors to get here :hihihi:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=132777#p132777:357ibg6g said:
tuna » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:14 am[/url]":357ibg6g]
Considering how well this bike runs I suggest a name upgrade from Hooch to Hoochie Mama!
Or Frankenhooch maybe? I just sayin... :read:

~O~

Latest posts