STUD BOLTS

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CRAFTMAN6001

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What would cause them not to run all the waay up?
I swapped studs (cpl were missing) ran them in. just short of the mark. Thought I wasn't going to get it back out :beg:
not going to get it out. thought I'd cut it down to avoid head damage.
Every one that was missing in this engine wouldn't run up in all the way

Attachments

• 20150125_113007.jpg
    20150125_113007.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 117
  • 20150125_113746.jpg
    20150125_113746.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 118
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=139770#p139770:2wu5vb1r said:
CRAFTMAN6001 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:55 am[/url]":2wu5vb1r]
:yahoo: Also dose the box stores carry nuts for what I need to bolt the headers on getting ready 4 spin it over time....

Would like to get all stainless but don't think this is possible in metric
My Sear's hardware has metric stainless nuts.

image.php

The exhaust studs have a long threaded portion on one end, a shorter threaded portion on the other.
The shorter section should thread into the head and bottom out on those threads to the unthreaded portion. If threaded in with the longer portion, the stud will bottom in the head and could possibly break out the end inside the head or strip the stud or head threads. Besides which when you go to put the exhaust on, the exhaust nuts might not have enough threads to tighten down completely.

might be a little too late here , but just a thought on your problem , anytime your building an Eng. or doing any Head Bolt removal always spray some cleaner/lube into the stud hole and run a Thread Chaser in and out to make sure there is no dirt , trash , or paint in the hole , it can cause you a Lot of Problems if you don't . . just a thought from an Old Mechanic :whistling:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=139820#p139820:13fo0irx said:
sledge » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:28 am[/url]":13fo0irx]
might be a little too late here , but just a thought on your problem , anytime your building an Eng. or doing any Head Bolt removal always spray some cleaner/lube into the stud hole and run a Thread Chaser in and out to make sure there is no dirt , trash , or paint in the hole , it can cause you a Lot of Problems if you don't . . just a thought from an Old Mechanic :whistling:
Yes and thanks that's exactly what I did.. :builder:

Latest posts