I found another one at a yard sale

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuck c

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a 78 or 79 GL1100 with 29,000 on the clock and an ugly Vetter. It was supposedly running a year ago. It passed inspection before it was parked, the tires look like new. Title is good, I'm told.

I might be able to get this really cheap. What do you think it's worth as it sits and running?

Attachments

• 150524_0003.jpg
    150524_0003.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 217
  • 150524_0006.jpg
    150524_0006.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 220
  • 150524_0004.jpg
    150524_0004.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 215
That is most likely a 77...and running w/ title in that condition is probably somewhere around $1000 here.

Get it as cheap s you can, we all know what`s involved with these bikes and who really knows what you will have to put into it, figure your cost of time as a mechanic and cost of parts in the offer.

I will surely hit them with what they know it needs, battery and carbs rebuilt at least. Paying for a carb job is $400 minimum and the battery is $75. Even running it's pretty ruff. the mufflers and spokes are rust. The seat needs to be recovered. If I get lucky and manage to flush the carbs and get them working ok without rebuilding them it would be great. Failing that, I can do the single carb job on it. Or maybe a 2 carb setup....

But I'm getting too far ahead. The possessor and the title holder are different people that used to be married and don't get along. It's now up to the ex-wife to get the ex-husband to cooperate and do the title transfer. He might because it will clear his last debt to her. There are many things that could go wrong here but I told her I hate to see old bikes get separated from their titles. That is the difference between a junker for parts or a running, rideable machine.

During conversation she mentioned a motorcycle trailer had been stolen from her father. I asked if he still had the title, because that piece of paper is worth something. With it almost any untitled trailer can magically become road legal again. That would be a separate deal.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=149483#p149483:2o4micbd said:
chuck c » Sun May 24, 2015 8:14 pm[/url]":2o4micbd]
I will surely hit them with what they know it needs, battery and carbs rebuilt at least. Paying for a carb job is $400 minimum and the battery is $75. Even running it's pretty ruff. the mufflers and spokes are rust. The seat needs to be recovered. If I get lucky and manage to flush the carbs and get them working ok without rebuilding them it would be great. Failing that, I can do the single carb job on it. Or maybe a 2 carb setup....

But I'm getting too far ahead. The possessor and the title holder are different people that used to be married and don't get along. It's now up to the ex-wife to get the ex-husband to cooperate and do the title transfer. He might because it will clear his last debt to her. There are many things that could go wrong here but I told her I hate to see old bikes get separated from their titles. That is the difference between a junker for parts or a running, rideable machine.

During conversation she mentioned a motorcycle trailer had been stolen from her father. I asked if he still had the title, because that piece of paper is worth something. With it almost any untitled trailer can magically become road legal again. That would be a separate deal.

You can get Vermont registration and then go to a notary in Pa. and get a Pa. title. I know several guys that have done this multiple times