AussieGold in them there hills!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ansimp

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1981 GL1100 “Rats Nest”
1998 GL1500c Val
1987 CBR1000f “The Pig”
1991 CBR1000f Red
I was speaking to Maurice on the weekend and he mentioned that there was an 83 Gl1100 for sale on the north side of Brisbane for $1000. I let him know that I would be on the Northside of Brisbane at Northgate today and I could have a look at it when I finished my job. Here is the ad on Gumtree ( sort of like Craigslist)
https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/wooloowi ... 1079409757
For my money it was just way too much. The seller was an accountant and I am pretty sure he had a set price in mind. The carbies looked as bad as the Rats Nest original rat pee frozen ones, screen and speedo glass cracked, side covers rough sanded and an owner telling me that the bores are good because he had the heads off when he put on new belts. New head gaskets? "No" ( I know Joe gets away with it but that's Joe! :good: ) As I am currently working on the 2003? CB1300 that my mate paid $1500 for with only 10k klms it was hard to see any real value in the 83 :(

Good call Steve I didn't even bother to look that hard, must of been an 82 :yes: I didn't even bother to check the vin!
Did stay around for the unveiling.
Lost interest pretty fast :BigGrin:

must be some thing wrong with me........ :swoon: it looks like a lost little puppy, needs a new home and bringing back to life.... might ring him , tell him he's dreamin' , and offer him 100 bucks. :head bang: :head bang:

The ad says sold, I guess someone wanted it but I don't blame you for passing on it..too much money for a fixer. Not sure about your town but some places will register as year sold as new instead of model year within a year or two, probably an 82 that was sold in 83.

That does happen here as well Jeff. If it is now sold he must of been telling the truth about 5 other callers today or maybe he decided to keep it after all and fix it up.

Went to possibly buy this one, was asking $2400 obo, seller was willing to take cash at a lower amount, problem is it was in much worse condition than they thought, and they knew nothing about Goldwings. My final offer was $1500 cash plus 8 ounces of pure silver worth roughly $150.
Husband almost went for it, wife says no. I wished them good luck, now if this bike was in Oz it would be a real bargain, even if it only ran on 3 cylinders and was rusted all over, tires dry rotted.
Besides that money was my air fare to Oz later on, so i am not concerned about losing this one, my specialty is actually the gl1500 like the ones i restored at Goldwingfacts.

Attachments

• 00W0W_asyMU6JRrA2_600x450.jpg
    00W0W_asyMU6JRrA2_600x450.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 140
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=151101#p151101:3mk4vjk0 said:
joedrum » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:42 am[/url]":3mk4vjk0]
is that bike moving yet tony
No Joe, way too many other distractions atm. :doh:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=151150#p151150:231cr4ch said:
joedrum » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:54 am[/url]":231cr4ch]
well i have a lot of mid stream projects too tony ...know the feeling
Not only that you are on holidays in " Gods waiting room"! :smilie_happy:

Latest posts