If you are in the neighborhood

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brianinpa

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The oldest WWII veteran from Kentucky has passed away.

Roscoe Cassidy was 107 when he died Tuesday, October 21. Cassidy served overseas through the end of the war and after being honorably discharged, returned home to Bath County. Cassidy's son Mike says he loved serving and told his family he would be proud to do it again.

Cassidy's family says he always worried that because he had outlived so many of his friends, no one would come to his funeral. That's why his family has invited anyone to attend his funeral this Saturday, October 25.

Services will be held at 11:00 a.m. in Owingsville.

https://www.wave3.com/story/26863803/oldest-kentucky-wwii-vet-dies-at-107

We are getting to the end of our WW2 vets these days, seems the only ones left are those that enlisted at 18 or fudged their age and went in earlier..I still remember the last WW1 vet passing away, must have been 10 years or so ago.
RIP Roscoe Cassidy.

1547b9eb9e59bf87d6165db87a235c04.gif
salute.gif
1547b9eb9e59bf87d6165db87a235c04.gif

RIP, Roscoe Cassidy, and THANK YOU for your Service.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=134118#p134118:tbmh46jl said:
zman » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:54 am[/url]":tbmh46jl]
We are getting to the end of our WW2 vets these days, seems the only ones left are those that enlisted at 18 or fudged their age and went in earlier...

I’m one of the lucky ones. I get to sit and chat with some of these WWII vets at the hospital I work at. It is an honor and a privilege for sure!

Funny how, when we(I) was younger, I couldn't stand to hear "old folks" tell stories aboot "how it used to be". Last time I got to spend time with my Dad before he passed, I couldn't get enough of those old stories. My dad never talked aboot his time in the service during the Korean War, other than a few stories aboot training camp, and a little bit of his time stationed in Alaska. Sure wish I could have had more time to listen....

Latest posts