A very special day....

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AApple

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1981 GL1100 Innerstate("The Turd")SOLD!!, 1996 GL1500 Innerstate
well...kinda....sorta.... :whistling:
Since Texas changed the laws concerning vehicle registration, and state inspections, we now have to prove our vehicles have a current state inspection to get them registered. So.....that means I had to get the '74 Corvette out of the garage and take it to get the inspection. First time it has been out of the garage since 2011. I've always kept the registration current, but since I never drive it, the inspection wasn't a high priority, until now. ANYway...that meant I had to get the 'Burban running, so I could move it out of the way...ya'll have read about that particular fiasco with the broken head bolts.
I figured, since the "Apple" was out and off the leash, I'd take a few pics, just to prove to some folks it really does exist. :smilie_happy:

Here's the pics... :BigGrin:

Very nice! I never doubted you had it but I'm not one to make space for a museum. I drive my stuff as much as I can.

Fess up, your neighbor parked his vettes outside and you snuck over and took some pics, pretty ballsy parking your wing in his garage first for effect. :eek:k: :hihihi: He's got some beautiful cars.

~O~

Those are some very nice Vette's.
I am a car nut but oddly Chevy's and Vette's never struck my fancy.
NI've never been one to desire a trailer queen, to hoard or store anything, if I don't use it, it's gone.

Clerk at the DMV tried to suggest I needed an proof of state inspection for registering my antique Wing. When I insisted that antiques don't require this she try to find the statute on her puter but couldn't.
Bottom line, I was issued a tag and registration with no state inspection.
Cars maybe different. (They shouldn't be)

Alway thought the C3 was the pinnacle of the vette styling , better then previous models..C4 really didn't thrill me at all but the C5 on up really are getting better, The C7 is how I felt about the C3.
I remember the day when the C4 hit the market..My first thought was why they did this. It didnt seem like an evolution, more like they abandoned the vette.
You have a nice one there.

There's a primered Corvair for sale down the street from me, if anyone cares. I have a carbureted 4.3l V-6 in the garage you might be able to shoe-horn in there, ala Fiero style. :builder:
After you put about $5000 into it, you could have a faster Ralph Nader "death-trap". :fiddle:

From Johnny Cash's song 1 piece at a time "With the help of an A daptor kit, we had that engine running just like a song!" "When we pulled out the switch, all 3 of them came on"

Given enough ingenuity (that would be enginuity for some of the members), anything mechanical is possible. Just ask Joe :builder:

I kind of owned a 74. When i got out of college I was going to buy myself one as a present and when august rolled around i tried to order the 74 because the 75 was coming with catalytic converters. the agency said they could still get it as of aug 18th, the day i put my deposit down. time went on, and in late november one that was orange more than red showed up and they said it was mine. didnt match the serial number i had been given and was a 75!! with cats. Now, at the time I was in Fairbanks Alaska, and considering what a gift of an "out" I had been given. I think another "pipeliner" was driving that one off the lot before the 2000 was warm in my hands that they refunded me. Closest I ever came to a 74.

Latest posts