What is This?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom_Charlton

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1984 GL1200I
1988 GL1500
I owned this bike in the mid-70s in Okinawa.

First one to correctly identify (Make, model, & year) gets a big ATTA-BOY.

Good Luck!!

Attachments

• Mystery Bike.jpeg
    Mystery Bike.jpeg
    37.7 KB · Views: 453
It's a MOTORCYCLE!!!! Do I win? :party: :yahoo: :yes:

:smilie_happy:

Looks like a Uki water buffalo to me....

Looks like the old 2 stroke Suzuki 750 Water Buffalo to me :salute: They were really fast. :read:

1973 GT750K 2-stroke water-cooled triple and yes it was fast.

So far, the smallest attaboy goes to AApple for correctly identifying it as an Uki motorcycle.
The leading contender is detdrbuzzard for being closest to the correct model year. Actually, all the years resembled each other so I'll say he gets the ATTA-BOY.

I bought it in Okinawa and shipped it back to the States when we rotated back to Griffiss AFB NY. I rode it from Syracuse NY one summer to Panama City Fl and back, stored it when we went to Alaska for 3 years, and then rode it for 2 years in Apple Valley Ca when we were stationed there 82-84. The bike (or what is left of it) is leaning against a backyard fence in Hesperia Ca, the last I heard. The plastic and rubber parts are junk, but metal rusts very slowly in the High Desert.

Ah, memories.

I have a picture of one with my then girlfriend now wife sitting on it. It was not fast and tended to surge at highway speeds. The speed limit was 55 then. They would smooth out nicely at 70 mph. And the brakes were pretty weak. I installed tapered head bearings and a phenolic sprocket that really quieted down chain noise. Good runner and never fouled plugs.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=163134#p163134:2mhlbe7n said:
PurpleGL1200I » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:01 pm[/url]":2mhlbe7n]
The bike (or what is left of it) is leaning against a backyard fence in Hesperia Ca, the last I heard. The plastic and rubber parts are junk, but metal rusts very slowly in the High Desert.

Really!
I want to buy that one.
Any contact info?
Price?

Induction: 3x Mikuni VM 32 70 mph indicated, actually 63.8

Ignition/Starting: Battery and coil Braking distance / electric & kick

Clutch: Multi-disc, wet 70 mph, sec 6.8

:headscratch:

:hihihi: He had ONE job....convert the copy to digital.... :laptop: :smilie_happy:

Remember them well, fast in their day. Water Buffalo's are what i remember hearing them called.

Latest posts