Important Iphone security update

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan filipi

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1983 Interstate
2018 KLR 650
2018 BMW S1000 RR
My Bike Logs forum link
https://classicgoldwings.com/forums/dan-filipi.122/
Apple released a software update to fix a security hole this morning which can allow a hacker to gain access to contacts, passwords etc on the phone. Apple advises doing the update right away.

<End of public service announcement> :mrgreen:

Maybe I should post this in the "What did you do to your wing today" thread also.

I'm sure there are plenty who just laugh about this but it's a big deal the worlds most popular phone can get hacked into, especially one with software that's known to be the more secure since the beginning. It's scary actually.
I use iPhone because it's an excellent phone and has always had the best battery life.
Guess it was just a matter of time some damn hackers get into it.

I looked into the hack a bit more. Seems a link is sent in a text and clicking on it gives the hacker access. That's an old trick in Windows, I'm sure plenty still fall for it.

I got one waiting for mine 9.3.5 but I have to wait until I hook it up on my daughter's Wi-Fi, it's to large to download on the Mi-FI hotspot. That's probably the one Eric.

Latest posts