Who remembers these?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AApple

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1981 GL1100 Innerstate("The Turd")SOLD!!, 1996 GL1500 Innerstate
You old farts prolly will, but....they're pretty rare, only produced for 3 years, and very few at that. First one to guess what it is wins a hearty "Atta Boy, Old Man!!" :smilie_happy:
I'm doing some finishing touches on the trans for a friend...

Click the pic to take you to my PB page, for more pics.

Oooooh....soooo close! :hihihi:
1959 Dodge D100 Sweptline. Only made from '57-'59. '59s had the dual headlights, the earlier one had single headlights with "eyebrows". Rear fenders were designed for the new Dodge station wagons, and were designed to be bolted on to the cars, which made it fairly easy to install on the truck beds. Beds were narrowed slightly.
This particular truck came to my friend's body shop in a box. At least part of it, anyway. Only had a frame, bed, front and rear fenders....no cab, engine/trans/rearend/interior, etc. They bought a cab with a small rear window, and modified it for the large window. He's been piddlin with this thing for at least a year. All of the trim he has hand hammered, and had chromed. He also built the kewl tailgate lock/release...it's all hidden. It's really pretty neat, and the quality of the work is pretty dang good, too. :yes:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=132076#p132076:1u0m8u45 said:
slabghost » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:07 am[/url]":1u0m8u45]
Is that one with the push button automagic trans?

Yeppers! :clapping: Push-button Torqueflite 727, behind a "Poly" head 318 engine, a "Semi-Hemi". I'm s'posed to finish connecting the cables to the trans, and making all of it work. A "normal" 727 only has one cable for the trans if any, for the TV(throttle valve) linkage. The push-buttons have 3 cables..one for the shift mechanism, one for the TV, and one for "Park". He's had several cables made for the TV linkage, but they are all waaaay too short...so now I have it, and I'm waiting for the cable to be made that will actually reach the trans. Then I'll fabricate the bracketry to hold it on both ends, and get it all adjusted to work properly. The push-button shifter isn't working right, either, and the Park lever fell off the other day, so I gotta take all that crap out and see how he put it in, and then fix it up. :builder:

I had a '63 Imperial with the push-button shifter - strangest car I ever owned! The automatic Corvairs had a lever on the dash for the shifter, looked like a heater control lever. Worked just fine.

Oh man missed it by that much.. I did get the model right.. knew it was post 55 by the windshield and based part of my guess on the style of taillights.. I don't remember seeing one up close though... we had a valiant with the push button shift.. in 1960... and ride to school with a friend whose mom drove a push button dodge/Plymouth/Chrysler car in

Actually, all the old Mopar automatics used a mechanical rod linkage for the throttle valve controls. cable throttle valve linkage didn't start showing up (on the V8s anyway) until sometime in the nineties. Cable shifted Torqueflites were essentially the same as the rod-shifted ones, just used a different method to operate the manual valve inside the case.

Latest posts