Did any of the Texas biker gang members ride old Goldwings?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom_Charlton

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1984 GL1200I
1988 GL1500
I'll bet every one rode a Harley. My theory is gang members are too stupid to recognize a good thing and didn't buy an old Wing. Belonging to a gang means acting and thinking alike, without any analysis of the effects of your actions upon society. Recognizing the detrimental effects of what you're doing also requires more than 2 functioning brain cells.

Tom

Feud or territorial , lots of angry men in one place is never going to be a good outcome.
Maybe on a parallel world there are outlaws that ride only Goldwings but the bike certainly doesn't make the man.

A few of the gangs require Harley ownership with 1200ccs or more. Funny, in the early 60's my father was a Hell's Angel and he rode a BSA 650 Lightning. Mom had all kinds of stories from those days, and was even present at Altamont.

~O~

I'm pretty sure none of the Banditos are stylin on Vespas.... :nea:
:smilie_happy:

You might find a few on older Indians and such, but the majority are pushin Hardleys down the road.

Found this on another site-

Biker Humor
The Difference Between Harley & Goldwing Riders
Harley riders: 'This beer is flat, let's trash the place.'
Goldwing drivers: 'This cappuccino is cold. Let's only tip 10%.'
Harley riders: 'Live to ride. Ride to Live.'
Goldwing drivers:'Eat to ride. Ride to eat.'

Harley riders: 'Loud pipes save lives.'
Goldwing drivers: 'Honey, will you turn down the stereo?'

Harley riders: Black leather jacket and chaps.
Goldwing drivers: Red snowmobile suit.

Harley riders: Black leather vest with chain closure and skull and crossbones on the back.
Goldwing drivers: Gray twill vest with trading pins and Gold Wing Road Riders: Association chapter patch on the back.

Harley riders: Meets other riders at 'The Dam Ice House.'
Goldwing drivers: Meets other riders at Denny's.

Harley riders: Biker mama on the back.
Goldwing drivers: His mama on the back.

Harley riders: Rolling Thunder.
Goldwing drivers: BARCO Lounger with wheels.

Harley riders: Head wrap covering steel plate in the head from riding without a helmet but looking cool.
Goldwing drivers: Full-face helmet with headset and microphones, covered in reflective stickers.

Harley riders: Riding in groups of two like Captain America & Billy.
Goldwing drivers: Riding in groups of twenty pulling trailers.

Harley riders: Ape hangers and a thin, hard seat.
Goldwing drivers: Big wide seats for big wide butts.

Harley riders: Cross-city ride ending at topless bar.
Goldwing drivers: Cross-country ride ending at Dairy Queen.

Harley riders: National riders group gathering called a 'H.O.G. Rally.'
Goldwing drivers: International group affair called a 'Wing Ding.'

Top Ten Reasons Why Gold Wing Riders: Don't Wave Back
10. Wasn't sure whether other rider was waving or making an obscene gesture.
9. Afraid might get frostbite if hand is removed from heated grip.
8. Has arthritis and the past 400 miles have made it difficult to raise arm.
7. Reflection from etched windshield momentarily blinded him.
6. The espresso machine just finished.
5. Was actually asleep when other rider waved.
4. Was in a three-way conference call with stockbroker and accessories dealer.
3. Was distracted by odd shaped blip on radar screen.
2. Was simultaneously adjusting the air suspension, seat height, programmable CD player, seat temperature and satellite navigation system.
1. Couldn't find the 'auto wave back' button on dashboard.

:hihihi:

Found in this thread:

viewtopic.php?p=12300#p12300

It's all fun to joke but it's unfortunate that motorcycles continue to be associated with the gang type and no help for the image of motorcyclists.
Those who continue to be anti motorcycle, only helps to enforce their rotten opinion of us all.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=149231#p149231:270mrnlh said:
mcgovern61 » 32 minutes ago[/url]":270mrnlh]
Found this on another site-

Biker Humor
The Difference Between Harley & Goldwing Riders
Harley riders: 'This beer is flat, let's trash the place.'
Goldwing drivers: 'This cappuccino is cold. Let's only tip 10%.'
Harley riders: 'Live to ride. Ride to Live.'
Goldwing drivers:'Eat to ride. Ride to eat.'

Harley riders: 'Loud pipes save lives.'
Goldwing drivers: 'Honey, will you turn down the stereo?'

Harley riders: Black leather jacket and chaps.
Goldwing drivers: Red snowmobile suit.

Harley riders: Black leather vest with chain closure and skull and crossbones on the back.
Goldwing drivers: Gray twill vest with trading pins and Gold Wing Road Riders: Association chapter patch on the back.

Harley riders: Meets other riders at 'The Dam Ice House.'
Goldwing drivers: Meets other riders at Denny's.

Harley riders: Biker mama on the back.
Goldwing drivers: His mama on the back.

Harley riders: Rolling Thunder.
Goldwing drivers: BARCO Lounger with wheels.

Harley riders: Head wrap covering steel plate in the head from riding without a helmet but looking cool.
Goldwing drivers: Full-face helmet with headset and microphones, covered in reflective stickers.

Harley riders: Riding in groups of two like Captain America & Billy.
Goldwing drivers: Riding in groups of twenty pulling trailers.

Harley riders: Ape hangers and a thin, hard seat.
Goldwing drivers: Big wide seats for big wide butts.

Harley riders: Cross-city ride ending at topless bar.
Goldwing drivers: Cross-country ride ending at Dairy Queen.

Harley riders: National riders group gathering called a 'H.O.G. Rally.'
Goldwing drivers: International group affair called a 'Wing Ding.'

Top Ten Reasons Why Gold Wing Riders: Don't Wave Back
10. Wasn't sure whether other rider was waving or making an obscene gesture.
9. Afraid might get frostbite if hand is removed from heated grip.
8. Has arthritis and the past 400 miles have made it difficult to raise arm.
7. Reflection from etched windshield momentarily blinded him.
6. The espresso machine just finished.
5. Was actually asleep when other rider waved.
4. Was in a three-way conference call with stockbroker and accessories dealer.
3. Was distracted by odd shaped blip on radar screen.
2. Was simultaneously adjusting the air suspension, seat height, programmable CD player, seat temperature and satellite navigation system.
1. Couldn't find the 'auto wave back' button on dashboard.

:hihihi:

Found in this thread:

https://forum.classicgoldwings.com/viewt ... 300#p12300

Yes this is quite funny but it just goes to show, all stereotypes involve an element of truth to them.
Some of the noted Goldwinger stereotypes are really embarrassing, but many are true.

Very funny Gerry :good: and where do I get my red snow mobile suit from? :smilie_happy:

11351287_10153235349672092_3389985869767411290_n (1).jpg

:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :clapping: :clapping: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=149233#p149233:34waey1z said:
dan filipi » Thu May 21, 2015 10:30 am[/url]":34waey1z]
It's all fun to joke but it's unfortunate that motorcycles continue to be associated with the gang type and no help for the image of motorcyclists.
Those who continue to be anti motorcycle, only helps to enforce their rotten opinion of us all.

Movies like the Wild Ones and Born Losers don't help either.

~O~

Then you have tv shows like Sons of Anarchy and Devil's Ride.
In one of the news articles the writer had written, "The fight began over parking and/or another member's foot was run over". Whatever started it, I feel sorry for the innocent bystanders who had to witness the commotion.
I don't think these guys would be on a Honda. Remember, you meet the nicest people on a Honda (Goldwing).

I saw a program in the UK today and one of the items was where can you see 3.5% of the population in the USA at any one time.....

The Answer

In Jail. I also found out that any product that is made by the inmates is forbidden to be imported. Some of the items that are produced only by the inmates...

US Dog tags. 100%
Household white goods, 80%

pay per hour whilst incarcerated in the US 35 cents per hour. Currently according to figures published for 2013, 1 in 39 people in the States are in Prison.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=149282#p149282:20h6fsvr said:
ianstaley » Fri May 22, 2015 7:03 am[/url]":20h6fsvr]
I saw a program in the UK today and one of the items was where can you see 3.5% of the population in the USA at any one time.....

In jail.

Yeah, I dealt with a lot of this kind of sh$t talk from British gamers back in the day. Folks in the UK and Canada to a lesser degree love to point out any fault with the USA. I know that wasn't your intention, I'm just saying. :hi:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=149282#p149282:1ea8nd86 said:
ianstaley » Fri May 22, 2015 7:03 am[/url]":1ea8nd86]

The Answer

In Jail. I also found out that any product that is made by the inmates is forbidden to be imported. Some of the items that are produced only by the inmates...

US Dog tags. 100%
Household white goods, 80%

pay per hour whilst incarcerated in the US 35 cents per hour. Currently according to figures published for 2013, 1 in 39 people in the States are in Prison.
Trust me , they did something to be there..here in Ca. the courts ordered something be done about prison overcrowding so they released allot of criminals.now there are crime waves happening all over California especially here in Los Angeles.
It is a culture of crime here in the US, we write about it, make movies about it, it leads all the headlines, It is romanced in movies and music to some degree it is celebrated ,,,It is even on capitol hill.and weak minded individuals partake in it.
The causes are too vast to explain but we all come out of the womb equal.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=149285#p149285:2y0fmnyt said:
Omega Man » Fri May 22, 2015 3:59 pm[/url]":2y0fmnyt]
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=149282#p149282:2y0fmnyt said:
ianstaley » Fri May 22, 2015 7:03 am[/url]":2y0fmnyt]

In jail.

Yeah, I dealt with a lot of this kind of sh$t talk from British gamers back in the day. Folks in the UK and Canada to a lesser degree love to point out any fault with the USA. I know that wasn't your intention, I'm just saying. :hi:

Why is it shit talk, and No it wasn't my intention, I was just so surprised with the information, as it happens the UK is the highest in Europe (doesn't count russia), it is just the mater of fact way it was stated. According to wiki 1 in 3 people have a record of one type or another in the states. I think it was being discussed because you have the third strike and you out policy, the media put forward just one case of a guy who got 4 consecutive 25 year sentences for stealing 4 cup cakes from a store. Jeze in the UK a crim can get his hand slapped about 200 times before they send a dude down for petty crime, so the question is define the crime.

What has brought this on in the UK is the Hatton Garden break in worth I think 70 million in value see below for a bit of a description..

"During the heist, the gang rifled through 72 secure boxes. They left behind tools, including drills, crowbars and angle-grinders used to force the boxes open. Officers have been trying to find out why only 72 of 999 boxes were opened"

Me if a guy deserves to be in jail then so be it, Every country has it's faults doesn't mean that all those faults are real. So called "Hells Angels" are a problem all over the world, even in some of societies best cultures, Norway, Denmark, Holland even. We have nasty buggers here too and they belong in Alcatraz or even better the Bangkok Hilton, but in this pussy country it wouldn't be allowed. too many do gooders.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=149303#p149303:1f3hkd58 said:
ianstaley » Fri May 22, 2015 1:04 pm[/url]":1f3hkd58]
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=149285#p149285:1f3hkd58 said:
Omega Man » Fri May 22, 2015 3:59 pm[/url]":1f3hkd58]
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=149282#p149282:1f3hkd58 said:
ianstaley » Fri May 22, 2015 7:03 am[/url]":1f3hkd58]

In jail.

Why is it shit talk, and No it wasn't my intention, I was just so surprised with the information, as it happens the UK is the highest in Europe (doesn't count russia), it is just the mater of fact way it was stated. According to wiki 1 in 3 people have a record of one type or another in the states. I think it was being discussed because you have the third strike and you out policy, the media put forward just one case of a guy who got 4 consecutive 25 year sentences for stealing 4 cup cakes from a store. Jeze in the UK a crim can get his hand slapped about 200 times before they send a dude down for petty crime, so the question is define the crime.

What has brought this on in the UK is the Hatton Garden break in worth I think 70 million in value see below for a bit of a description..

"During the heist, the gang rifled through 72 secure boxes. They left behind tools, including drills, crowbars and angle-grinders used to force the boxes open. Officers have been trying to find out why only 72 of 999 boxes were opened"

Me if a guy deserves to be in jail then so be it, Every country has it's faults doesn't mean that all those faults are real. So called "Hells Angels" are a problem all over the world, even in some of societies best cultures, Norway, Denmark, Holland even. We have nasty buggers here too and they belong in Alcatraz or even better the Bangkok Hilton, but in this pussy country it wouldn't be allowed. too many do gooders.

Okay Ian, my response came off quite snarky so before this thread disappears or gets shut down or whatever let me apologize for my remark but also explain where my sensitivity for the line about how "at any given time 3.5 percent of Americans are in jail."

I love my country, I've been told that just means I'm a patriot and that is a bad thing by many European people over the years. When I lived in Canada I was inundated with media headlines like "America's High Noon Mentality." We are blamed for all modern terrorism and well hell everything wrong with the world even though we saved it - twice . Countries beg, BEG us for our money, our troops and all manner of support then vilify us to their citizens and the rest of the world for it. As for these "best cultures" all I can say is it must be nice to have a population the size of California, the government has plenty of cash to subsidies their bands and artists like "The Ace of Bass" and "Bjork." They aren't hampered with huge segments of the population who think the government owes them reparations or a job making 70K for rolling blunts and tapping that ass, or that just want to sit around smoking meth, snorting crushed pills or drinking themselves to death...but I'm getting way off of the point I wanted to make.

Back to the line that bothered me so much, "Where can you see 3.5% of the population in the USA at any one time.... Jail."

My first thought was how does this educate anything to any one? As an American I found that petty and condescending, and even infuriating that it was in a "show." I now see after reading your response it was some kind of show about prison. Did the show mention a large percentage of our inmates are in prison due to racist drug laws? Marijuana was illegalized to make it easier to harass Mexicans back in the 20s or 30s. Heroin use was tolerated after WW1 because it was better to have returning soldiers getting high rather than having them get drunk and beating their wifes, but after the Black community got into it it was illegalized to make it easier to harass them.

I don't know where I'm going with this... I'm just sensitive to certain criticisms about my country. maybe I'm more passionate than a "moderator" should be, I don't always believe in "lets make nice nice." so again I apologize if I offended you Ian, that wasn't my intention either. :blush:

-Randy

Randy, contrary to popular belief, there are just as many patriots over here as in the States, well maybe not as many but just as proud and RIGHTLY so. America and Americans get a lot of flak for what they believe in, we don't get so much because we are a smaller country.
But I maybe should have phrased what I said differently, when a system as you have in the states have a 3 strikes and out then it doesn't take a genius to figure it out, but it has never bothered me, it has never crossed my mind either. It was just the statement that so many were incarcerated, rightly or wrongly. There doesn't seem to be any consideration as to the "crime".

I have always said to anyone that wants to listen, I can stand a thief but I can't stand a liar. A thief might be try to feed his family and the fact that he has no job may exasperate that situation, but a liar is a concious decision.

I am not saying that all 3 strikers should be looked at in a considered way, after all to me a drug dealer is the bottom of the pile and he/she deserves whatever they get to me they are by default conspiring to murder via their drugs.

But what was just as shocking, which I didn't convey was the Britain, has the HIGHEST number of prisoners in Europe and as a percentage we are up there with our closest allies, the USA.

So don't feel bad about, as for the rest of the world, I too have a problem with always coming to the aid of some countries, once the aid and money is given then they shyt down your neck.

I have always said Never come to the aid of an Arab, "help, help, the Iranians, Iraqis whatever group are hurting us" so we go over there and sort it, what happens then, you are the infidel, get out and stop hurting our brothers.

For me it is simple, ISIS, Iraq, Iran Nuke them, it would take only three bombs job done, no more carp from the middle east and they all get to go to heaven with their 50 virgins.

So Randy, it was NOT meant as critique but purely as a statement that shocked me. If you want to see how I do feel about my ally in the West you should read my op about Viet Nam!

Have a good weekend my friend, I don't normaly drink any more but this weekend I will get a can and offer it up to you.

Ian

Latest posts