carburetors - they don't have to be ugly

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deanbw

Reaction score
I have moved from the back to the middle of the bike on my quest to exhaust every penny I have. I have removed the carbs to rebuild, once that is done the engine comes out to get worked over and I'll see what I can get for my kidney.
That is really not what this is about.....I just thought I would show what you can do with a little time. Some of you I am sure already know this, but for the guys who have not been doing this for far too long as some of have, it may be of some help.
With a few easy to get and fairly inexpensive tools you can turn the ugly duckling into, well.....at least a less ugly duck.
First a soda blaster, whether it is a cabinet or a hand held hopper is one of the best cleaning tools you will buy.
Second an ultra-sonic cleaner, gets into places you cant, worth every penny and you can get them for starting at under 100 bucks.
Third a buffing wheel, (some parts just look purty when they's shiny)
Here are a couple pics of what I started with and what I get after a little cleaning, soda, then ultra to get inside bores/holes clean and soda out of anywhere it may have gotten into, then a little buffing on the cap.
I replaced all screws with stainless socket head, just like the look better.
deans phone pics 244.jpg

20150311_161150.jpg

thank you everyone, I appreciate the kind words. I think it's good to share what we know / learned. You never know what you may read that sparks an idea in your noggin.

I am about to do my own carbs. After seing your finish I feel the pressure hehe.
Very nice job :good:

Latest posts