Atila the Hun, 84 GL1200 disguised as a GL 1000

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=182487#p182487:tbky50ve said:
mcgovern61 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:13 pm[/url]":tbky50ve]
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=182483#p182483:tbky50ve said:
Ansimp » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:33 am[/url]":tbky50ve]
Nice work Gerry!
I wish! That is Mike's work! :hihihi:
If only I would pay more attention. :doh:
Nice work Mike!
And thanks for giving me the Shinko advice all those years ago. :good:

Still a work in progress joe, I got the headlight, front turn signals,coils, left and right hand controls and tail lights mounted and hooked up on the board. These are all actual gl1200 parts. Tomorrow I'll try to finish up mounting the rest of the devices and hook up battery power and trickle charger to power it up through the starter relay like normal operation. Once it's up and operating, I'll take photos test each device and connector. Then the reduction or removal of each unnecessary circuit will be done and recorded. Then the upgrades and mods will be done. :heat: :builder: I'm tired already just talking about it :smilie_happy:

IMG_2073.JPG

Yes it is but with what I'm doing and the work Gerry is doing electrically I think between the two of us we may be able to solve some of the wiring woes on these bikes and make it a little easier to figure out possible problems or make it easier to swap from dresser to standard configuration and pictures of how to do the relay upgrades. That's my hope anyway.

Same here Mike. From the 1100 Standard, I am actually adding wires but I have also added accessories that are on Interstates and Aspy's. The relays and automotive fuses will be a big step for me by re-distributing power, adding some grounds and having more direct power to the ignition system.

Project still progressing slowly, having to deal with severe case of cellulitis in both legs, not a fun disease starts out simple but can get serious. Talked them out of hospital stay with IV antibiotics, now on long term oral antibiotics. Here's the latest body panel and front end picture, doing final fit, right hand control is trying to hit tank cover but just got that figured out. Also, all paint is rattle can Duplicate color Ceramic engine paint.

IMG_2352.JPG

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=185358#p185358:394k9oqf said:
backlander » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:23 am[/url]":394k9oqf]
Ordered a new front tire for her today and began a search for an early 90's model Subaru Justy 4x4 independent rear suspension complete.
:good:

American Mototire did it again. 26 hours from time I ordered it online till it was leaning against my front door. AMAZING service always. And I got proof of dates and times.
:smilie_happy:

Not yet, looking within 100 mile radius right now. I have been told that a rear end from a Mazda Miata will work well also. The Subaru is a 3.70 ratio and 55 in face to face on the brake drums.