• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1983 GL1100i for sale

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71riviera

Reaction score
As it goes I'm putting up my trusty steeds up for sale. I can fill you in on the details, there are a few. The brown one runs and is a touring commuter, carbs are in good shape, but there are some cosmetics needed. The burgundy one has been robbed of a few minor items like choke, tach and speedo cables, needs brake pads and side saddle bag covers missing, all though I have a spare brown one, factory new. The carbs are out and disassembled in a box. The engine may be an issue that's why I bought the brown one. I was told not to run it anymore because it would get worse and more expensive. It sounds like the beginnings of a rod bearing going out type noise? But with carbs on it, it starts up and drives. I see people picking these up in a lot worse shape and restoring them to some degree. These would be fun less expensive and easy to fix up and great touring/commuter once that is done. Both bikes have been garaged since I have owned them, the burgundy one was outside before me and the previous owner had it. The brown one has always been garaged. I used them for commuting here in the Pacific northwest all year long. I put 21K on the burgundy bike and 28k on the brown one. I did what I had to to keep them running for my main transportation to work and back, it was minimal and they were reliable and never left me stranded. The brown one has 79.4K and the burgundy has 41.6 miles on them. I race vintage motocross and have a guy holding his bike for me until I can sell these so I can buy his. Reply with a method of contact if you need more info.

Stacey

Attachments

• '83GL1100i1.jpg
    '83GL1100i1.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 602
  • '83GL110i2.jpg
    '83GL110i2.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 597
Wrong side of the country for me and I really have plenty now. The guys here can help renewing one if you choose to do so.

Ok,

Thx for the response. I really need to get them sold so I can race vintage motocross.

Attachments

• 20150214_114758 (1)-1.jpg
    20150214_114758 (1)-1.jpg
    291.9 KB · Views: 587