how to build "1 cut" pvc and rubber plenum to factory elbow intake runners.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coachdeez

Reaction score
image.php

So this is how i made my runners to adapt my vw plenum to my factory intake elbows. i plan on showing you in poorly looking pictures how i built it and how much it cost.

image.php

right side bolts up as is. The 1" pvc connector fits perfectly in to the factory elbow and is damn close id to the vw plenum and the factory elbows.

image.php

cut 2 of these in half, making 4 shorter connector.

image.php

LF cyl use 2 straight pvc connectors and 2 short connectors. perss all pvc flush and clamp tight.

image.php

LR cyl use 1st un cut 45 deg at plenum with 2 short connectors

image.php

seal itake hole in head and install elbow 180 out for perfect holder for making your cut. the pvc flush in the intake make the lenght for installation perfect.

image.php

i know the pic is upside down
flip cut pvc connector so that the long side is in the elbow and clock it so that the jog is flush

image.php

image.php

everthing fits tight and flush on the left

image.php

image.php

and the right aswell

image.php

fits perfectly in the gap with almost no tweaking. a truely easy build

running a rebuilt 32 dft carb. bike starts idles and runs great, no leaks. the gas tank is out right now but it seem to be smooth. very simple build.

I cant think of one reason why a electric choke need to be on an oldwing ...stock carb don't have them ...in all the work ive done with the single ive seen no need what so ever ....and if one wanted a manual choke ...if you can mod the weber carb on then you can rig a manual choke ...im not doing that simply no need what so ever ...that I see ...throttle lock is all I use and it works fine ...

Wow!
I like HomeDepot (or in my case, Lowe's) custom.

The only concern is long term effect of gas on rubber and PVC which are meant for water.
But then, it's easy and cheap enough to do this again in a few years.

Where can I buy VW plenum?
How much?