1984 1200 aspy options

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tory

Supporting Member
Reaction score
A friend just purchased a 84 1200 aspencade.
I thought it was odd becuase it is an aspy,but only has a radio,no CB or intercom,or headset of any kind.
Is this correct?I know these are options on interstates,but I thought at least the intercom and stereo where standard on the aspys.Never saw a 1200 aspy with out.What gives?

I always thought Aspys came standard with all the electronics.
We have a '85 Owners manual in the Gallery, this is the first page on the radio

View media item 3044
I noticed it doesn't have the "If so equipped" usually seen when a feature isn't standard equipment.
Does he have the original owners manual?
If so ask him to scan the whole book so we can post it here or send it to me so I can do it.

detdrbuzzard":1r36dzif said:
i have an '84 ( another one dan ) and '86 aspencade owners manual and nither say that the cb or intercom are options and all the guys i know that owne 1200 aspy's have cb and intercoms

Gees, I forgot I DO have the '84 A Owners manual to scan in as well as the '93 1500 to do. Didn't I get those from you? :oops:
The '86 would be nice to do also :beg:

dan filipi":1dqi1rxp said:
detdrbuzzard":1dqi1rxp said:
i have an '84 ( another one dan ) and '86 aspencade owners manual and nither say that the cb or intercom are options and all the guys i know that owne 1200 aspy's have cb and intercoms

Gees, I forgot I DO have the '84 A Owners manual to scan in as well as the '93 1500 to do. Didn't I get those from you? :oops:
The '86 would be nice to do also :beg:
yes you got those from me dan and yes i'll send you the owners manual for the '86 but other than having '86 on the cover its the same as the '84