Battery Model Numbers

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AApple

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1981 GL1100 Innerstate("The Turd")SOLD!!, 1996 GL1500 Innerstate
:sensored: :head bang: :Awe:
I needs to buy a new batt for my '81...Pep Gurls has them, but they have NO book/chart to show which one I need. "You'll have to bring your's in and we'll match it up"... :sensored:
NONE of the batteries they have have any info as far as cranking amps, amp/hrs ratings...NOTHING. Just a size code, and I don't know what I need. I really wanted to get on to take home today, but that ain't gonna happen. :sensored:
I would like to get an AGM battery, and BigAndrew said he got his from Autozone. I have an Autozone down the street from the shop, but I don't want to drag my ass down there and go thru the same crap, so....I need me some info-mation! BigAndrew...do you have a part number/batt number you can share?
Haaaaalp!!!! :beg:

AApple":2lz8k4ad said:
:sensored: :head bang: :Awe:
I needs to buy a new batt for my '81...Pep Gurls has them, but they have NO book/chart to show which one I need. "You'll have to bring your's in and we'll match it up"... :sensored:
NONE of the batteries they have have any info as far as cranking amps, amp/hrs ratings...NOTHING. Just a size code, and I don't know what I need. I really wanted to get on to take home today, but that ain't gonna happen. :sensored:
I would like to get an AGM battery, and BigAndrew said he got his from Autozone. I have an Autozone down the street from the shop, but I don't want to drag my ass down there and go thru the same crap, so....I need me some info-mation! BigAndrew...do you have a part number/batt number you can share?
Haaaaalp!!!! :beg:

ETX18L :salute:

This'll make it easier to fInd :mrgreen:

Attachments

• IMAG0309.jpg
    IMAG0309.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 147
:thanks: :thanks: :thanks:
Thank You, kind Sir!!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
The batt that's on mine now came from Wally World, apparently...at least that what it says on it! It's an EverStart, 50N18L-A2....whatever that means.... :headscratch: I guess the cold snap we had here finally killed it. It's full of electrolyte, but it simply will no longer hold a full charge...
Thanks again, BigAndrew! :good:

AApple":27mb6oqm said:
:thanks: :thanks: :thanks:
Thank You, kind Sir!!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
The batt that's on mine now came from Wally World, apparently...at least that what it says on it! It's an EverStart, 50N18L-A2....whatever that means.... :headscratch: I guess the cold snap we had here finally killed it. It's full of electrolyte, but it simply will no longer hold a full charge...
Thanks again, BigAndrew! :good:

Don't remind me of my nightmares with my last battery (Also a Wal-Mart EverStart battery) :smilie_happy:

I got one...finally. $79.99 + $10 core charge(!?), tax, and State battery fee, came to $100.41....
No more leakin battery acid on my pipes!!
No more booster box in the saddlebag!
No more push-starting emergencies!
No more pencils!
No more books!
No more teacher's dirty looks!

ooops....sorry....got a little sidetracked there.... :rocks:
:blush:

Thanx for the info/help, ya'll! :thanks: