broken timing belt on 86 1200

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glider101

Reaction score
1 timing belt just broke...so how do i get the engine back in time to put the new belts on...i have no manuel

CAMSHAFT BELT REPLACMENTprocedure is on page 53 of Clymer GL 1000 and 1100 for 75-83 modles. I beleve this manusl is on line at this site for viewing. There is also a thread that deals with it also. Bev has a very good write up on it . If you go to the top if this page and click on tech references you will find these manyals listed for viewing. Go slow amd make sure you follow all directions, If on dought ask!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck

Just crusing along and the motor acted stupid so i shut it down and trailered it home and found the right timing belt broken

hmmm wonder what cause that to happen...especsaly cruising...sounds like it may be ok ..hopefuly it will check out ok ...id get the timing covers off ...plugs out ....sink the piston halfway down without hitting anything ....and then turn the campully on the broken belt side to feel for ruff spot or anything but smooth...valve could be bent spring broke maybe ....if all smooth you can put belt on right and try it