Kit that mimics the stock plenum-straight tube conversion?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuck c

Supporting Member
Reaction score
For all the messing around with other ways to go single, sealing the stock plenum, making straight runners, and a top plate to mount the carb is probably the simplest and is proven to work well. I have the means to make such a setup out of sheet metal that looks good and doesn't require a tube of sealant to make airtight. It would be an easy swap. I'm going to work it up and see what it would cost to make. I'll probably make one for myself but I'm curious if anyone else would be interested. Heck if you already have an OEM plenum and tube rig in place it would be even easier and you'd never need to worry about leaks again.

Easier to use grab rails and a vw type4 plenum. modding stock plenum you need to make a top and some type of runners or attachments.

I'm not saying modding the stock plenum, I'm proposing replacing it with a welded sheet metal box roughly the same size and shape, runners also welded to it. Bolt on your carb and go.

Might work well, :headscratch: would be nice to have a plug & play unit, & keep your stock air cleaner set up. :yes:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=170760#p170760:345ca0xl said:
slabghost » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:47 pm[/url]":345ca0xl]
Okay so basically building a replacement for the type 4 plenum. Great idea.

Yeah, except I can place the runners in line with the intake horns and make them longer so you don't need rubber to connect them.