new old carb to try 74 fiat weber dmsa

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joedrum

Supporting Member
Reaction score
well V found this carb on one of his bargan hunts ..think it was 20$ ...turn out to be the best carb fiat put on there spiders ...the 74 yr had all the adjustments ..is progressive linkage not vacume secondaries...manual choke ....with 34-34 barrles...the fixed chokes are 25-26 ...its like a full featured 32-36 carb with more adjustments and smaller ...the dft hooch has fixed chokes are 24-25 ... so this carb is just a bit bigger some pics
image.php

bottom carb is 32-36 top is 34-34...

image.php

the scew in the tube trail is the secondary idle jet ...the other stuff is manual coke stuff and a potencial problem the carb body has slop here big time might have to ax choke system ...

image.php

you can see the likeness of the 32-36 here where fuel hook up is ...

image.php

lots of stuff here im not sure about yet

image.php

more of the same primary side ..strange vac line or somethin there on right and rather big ...and it goes in the other big thingy...lol..mix scew and also idle jet can be seen ...could use all identifying help i can get lol

image.php

more stuff

image.php

32-36 on right ...34-34 on left :thanks:

ok ..been messing with fiat carb some while resting from chors to do around here since ive been gone....ive got things down to strait carb ...possibilities are good for this carb ...

image.php

the fixed chokes on this carb is 25primary and 27 secondary finally got all the crap off im not using ..and you can see the stamping....linkage was unstress bigtime with the removeal of the extra stuff ...where the spring is was a device im not sure what it is yet ...has vacume and ws connected to linkage also and created a lot of tension ... anyway im sure i dont need it ...the mix screw is out there by itself like any carb should be so one can adjust it with fingers ..not special tools of complete aggrivation as epa carbs are garunteed to go bad design....LOL

image.php

ok the two brass screws on either side are the idle gas jets for primary and secondary... the two holes closest to them inline are the fix idle air ...so no idlw air adjust dft is same way .....the two air jets in the center of carb top are 155 and 165 ....the two gas jets in bottom of bowl are 150 range ...not sure wht the elmusion tubes are yet ....i let the center venturri out so you could see how the gas gets to center of carb also air dose too ...makes for good mix in right spot ...center of barrle ....ahhh another look at that mix screw all expose so a fat thumb and fore finger can just turn it sweet....i know it looks bad but im quite pleased with it so far ...the only moving parts in this deal will be throttle plates and linkage ...it will be interesting to see how hooch deals with this carb ...it is bigger some .... :thanks:

well the fiat carb is ready to try ..it all back together minus the parts i took off
image.php

all vac opening that needed pluged were..seems idle jet in primary was pluged up....accellerator pump was also pluged up

image.php

it is a very close fit in the frame ...i guess ill find out when i try to mount it .....the dft has better jet access than this carb ... but that means nothing really ...some time soon i hope to try it :thanks:

pics
image.php

i finally cut the 32-36 carb and the 34-34 carb at the gas feed ..as this keeps these two carbs from fitting in frame of oldwing...you can see the 32-36 in back of picture its cut too and you can see how it is much bigger carb than 34-34 fiat carb ....the piece in front of the carb is what was cut off ...

image.php

well 2 more carbs that will see time on a oldwing ... and the carb malestor is hacking away ...now how to to get new gas feed going ...sheesh what a small hole ....oh well ill figure something :mrgreen:

pic

image.php

this shows the biggest difference between the carbs ... the weber 32-36 primary barrel is on opposite side than the 34-34 fiat weber carb dmsa....witch is like the dft..also on the weber 32-36 carb the primary barrel fix choke is 28 ...that huge on the 32 barrel compared to anything ive used so far ...the secondary choke is 27 on a 36 barrel numbers seem a bit not like others .....the 34-34 fixed chokes are 25 primary and 27 secondary seems more right :thanks: