No juice.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdegase

Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok its getting to be around 40 most days.. so I went and got the bike out of the back corner of my brothers barn...
the battery was very dead.. would only light the clock digits... still after a short bit of time on the booster cables attached to his tractor she fired right up. and after warming for a few minutes I got the first ride of the year in :yahoo:
this was a old battery and gave me a small amount of grief last summer...
so
I'v heard advance has a decent AGM for resonable cost.
I'd like some suggestions as to where to get a new battery,
and also what kind?

all comments are welcome.

I'v heard the yuasa and the odessy are both good batteries also.
nyone got a good source for either of these?
I'll check around locally tomarrow.

Thanks Guys

new battery!
from batteriesplus
2year replacement for 119$
made in us. also had a 89$ 1year replacement available.
both AGM

those guys are very cool... they have batteries for EVERYTHING!

I went to a AGM this year also.
Been using traditional lead acid for years,but seem to replace it every year,no matter how well I take care of it through the winter.

Went to start it this year,sat on a battery tender all winter,still to dead to start it.It did start up after a charge,but I dont want battery troubles to far from home so new again this year.We will see how the AGM hold up.I do like not having that pan in the arse vent tube to deal with,and she did crank faster than ever,so we are off to a good start.

I never thought aboot goin to Batteries Plus... :Doh2:
I'm gonna have to get a new batt meself, and all of the comments in this thread(and a couple of others) has convinced me to go AGM too. :good:

I don’t know if my experience with batteries and alternators can apply to motorcycles but I work mostly on trucks. We found a long time ago a weak battery will shorten the life of an alternator. Reason being if the battery never comes to full charge the alternator will be continually working to bring it to a full charge. This has caused many alternators or voltage regulators to fail prematurely. I obviously don’t have enough experience with motorcycles and stators but it seems to me the same principle would apply.
On our over the road trucks I began replacing the batteries every two years and haven’t had an alternator failure since. I always go with the highest CCA batteries I can get.
Now after saying all that will probably have one go south.

Our stators are constant output units already and at speed (3500 rpms) they are putting out the max... it could kill the regulator thouggh and that will eventually kill the stators..... on a car that is true because most altenators have the built in regulators and the diodes go out..