Post a bike you wanted but never had

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Laverda Jota 1000
1716268495870.png

I've only seen the Laverda Jota 1000 in magazines and books, everything said was positive. Perhaps when I visit the Barber Museum there will be one to see in person.

Suzuki GSX1100S.jpg

In 1986 I was at a bike shop in SoCal picking up a tire when the owner of one of these early Suzuki Katanas started it up and rode off. He had on road racing leathers, my jaw dropped at the radical styling of this bike. The GSXR and 900 Ninja had recently debuted but the Katana simply surpassed them in visual shock.

I agree with you on the boxer engine, Dan. In my opinion, if it ain’t a Boxer, it ain’t a BMW. I have three BMW’s right now, one of which is the wife’s bike, and they are all three great bikes.
As for the 360T, that was also a great bike. I was working for a Honda dealership when those things were selling and we sold a BUNCH of them! Maintain them half way decent and they were bulletproof.
Funny thing about the CB450…
When I restored mine several years ago I took it for a ride when I was done and I was like “I can’t believe this was Hondas BIG bike at one time, and people toured them all over the country.” I was used to bigger bikes and the 450 just felt like a minibike. I ended up selling it to a guy who bought it as a gift for his dad who owned one new back in the 70’s. They were both pretty tickled.
CB450 Done 5.jpeg

I'd love an old BMW with a sidecar. I have a special needs adult son, so our "empty nest" is a family of 3. Both my wife and son enjoy riding 2 up.
Came across this old soldier on a military Ural a few months ago. With drive to both rear tires I don't know how they're geared, probably too low for the freeway.
20240223_113743.jpg

I've only seen the Laverda Jota 1000 in magazines and books, everything said was positive. Perhaps when I visit the Barber Museum there will be one to see in person.
I've ridden a couple of them over the years. Even did a day trip on one when I lived in Monterey California, back in the 70's. There is nothing in the world that sounds like them. The crank is set at 180 deg. offset. - it makes the most incredible wail when you get on it. It's a little clunky and awkward going slow - but once you're up to speed you are an earth-hugging cruise missal on rails! It wasn't the fastest bike around - but it sure is the sexiest!
Cheers - David