RADIO

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rolson7560

Reaction score
Hi! I picked up my '83 Aspencade yesterday. The only thing wrong that I can see so far is, the radio doesn't work. I can tune it, (the dash display shows that it's working, however, I get no sound). This radio has the CB incorporated, (it's the Clarion, type 2?). It also has a cassett tape deck mounted on the top of the fairing, above the radio. It appears as though that's getting power as well. I'm wondering if anyone has had issues with their radio, and if you can point me to where I should look first to solve the problem.

I hope this is the correct forum for this topic, I'm new to this site so if I should be in a different forum please let me know.

Thanks for any help you can give me!!!

Did you buy them from a Honda dealer? I got some very weak sound out of the radio. I flipped the handlebar mute switch a couple times and it came on, but very soft. I can barely hear it with the volume turned all the way up. Tomorrow I'll check the fuses behind the right turn signal. Does the amplifier have it's own fuse? If I open the controller to clean the contacts am I in for any suprizes? Will knobs and buttons start falling out?

Thanks again for your help!

Let us know what you found out on the volume issue, I too have very low volume on the FM side of the radio, AM has lots of volume,and the tape deck also has great volume, that goes for the CB too :hi: