Yosemite Ride on the 31st

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I wasn’t very clear on my post. Was thinking of leaving from the central valley somewhere around Modesto or Manteca where highway 120 heads off of 99 towards Yosemite. Ride through Yosemite and up over the pass to Highway 395 then North to Highway 88 and back over to the Valley.

That is a full days ride to say the least or it could be a two day ride depending if we toured Yosemite Valley. I know for you it would be a day ride up to the central valley and if you were coming that far it would be well worth touring the Yosemite Valley and seeing the sights.

I’m at work now but will plot the mileage when I get home and post it.

OldWrench":2sx6i6v1 said:
I guess I wasn’t very clear on my post. Was thinking of leaving from the central valley somewhere around Modesto or Manteca where highway 120 heads off of 99 towards Yosemite. Ride through Yosemite and up over the pass to Highway 395 then North to Highway 88 and back over to the Valley.

That is a full days ride to say the least or it could be a two day ride depending if we toured Yosemite Valley. I know for you it would be a day ride up to the central valley and if you were coming that far it would be well worth touring the Yosemite Valley and seeing the sights.

I’m at work now but will plot the mileage when I get home and post it.
Man, you guys really have all the fun! My scenic rides are through the cities of Philadelphia and Camden. :swoon:

Would be a fun trip, depends on work.
We have a family vacation planned in San Diego, returning on the 31st.
With work and money as short as it's been if I have work then I'll probably stay home that week prior which means I might be able to make a Yosemite ride :grin:

OldWrench":3e5lypja said:

Yosemite has been calling my name all year. Things just haven't been working in that direction for me. I haven't been there in 15 years. That's rediculous, man. I live right here. As much as I need a few days of R&R, I think I'm gonna put any cash I have toward getting started working on the 83I. But...thanx for thinking of me. :hi:

I here tell there's a lot of water due to all the rains this year. I wish you an enjoyable trip. :rocks:

I here tell there's a lot of water due to all the rains this year. I wish you an enjoyable trip.

Yes the falls are full and are expected to be most of the summer due to the tremendous amount of snow. I worked in the park many years ago, including the 7 day ride into the back country as a helper but that cured me of horses for a very long time. To me there are few places as majestic as Yosemite and many of the roads leading into the park are down right fun to ride.

I just wanted to throw the idea out to see if anybody is interested, it is just so much more fun to ride with a good group.

Man, you guys really have all the fun! My scenic rides are through the cities of Philadelphia and Camden.

Hey you have time to get here, just jump on your scooter and come along. What is it only about three thousand miles. Look at it this way, I would love to ride the east coast and many of the roads I have read about back there, it is on my bucket list but don't know if I will ever realize it or not.

I got to thinking a lot of you folks live down south. We could meet in Fresno and enter the park on the southern end, tour the park and end the day over at Lee Vinning (Mono Lake area) then head back over 108. That would be a 200 mile ride through the park and over Tioga Pass and that is breath taking. Or if you wanted to head back down south you could just take 395 but that desert gets pretty hot in July.