+++ATTENTION if you use LB BLUE PRINTS to have a pulley made

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wilcoy02

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used the blue print that LB sent with the pulley's he had made.

The key way is not correct. It will not fit the key on the motor.

If you have one made take the gear that the pulley fits into with you.
Here is a pick after I had mine made and had to take back to be revamped.
pulley 001.JPG

Here it is following the blue print before revamped
conversion 001.JPG

<Correction on this topic....the drawing below that we have in the gallery is accurate.> (df)

image.php

most of the poor boy specs were for 1200s ...it was considered at the time the 1200s were the ones with the stator problems ...i know for a fact that the pulley bolt is different than the 100s motors and i think 1100s were different too...so key ways were probably different also maybe ...sorry this happen sheesh

FYI, at least 10 of these pulley's were made for guys back when littlebeaver had them made for members here, I have one of them and one I had made locally. They fit great and the keyway is in the right place on at least 5 engines I've tried them on, 2 of them 1200's. 1000 IS a different deal though.

image.php

More pics

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=184579#p184579:244i8i4c said:
wilcoy02 » 1 minute ago[/url]":244i8i4c]

The pulley would not sit on the gear because of the upper ring on the pulley.

One of those pulleys in your pic was once upon a time mine.
file.php
Doesn't look right.

This is the how the front (forwardmost) crank pulley looks when installed on the crank....

I'll have a look at what I have loose. I think the pulley in your pic is the rear pulley maybe?

I have one of the original LB alternator v- belt pulleys on my 1200. As stated earlier i only had to drill the front belt retainer washer to fit the alt. v-belt pulley. I did however flip the front crank pulley over and installed it because it allowed the key to grab a larger portion of the key way slot. The only difference I can recall of the alt. v- belt pulley fitting the 1000 engine was that the crankshaft bolt pulley hole was a 10mm versus the 12mm dia hole for the 1100 and 1200 engines.

Yes The one I got out of the ten also fit like a glove. I am thinking the blue prints are not the same as what was made.

My current pulley made from the print did not fit at all.

LB sent me a drawing when he sent me the pulley, I'll locate it and see if it's different than the one in the gallery.

Found it, unfortunately I can't find the original in the gallery, I think it was probably lost as an attachment when he left the forum. The drawing I have shows the 0.125 raised lip, isn't that what you had removed on your pulley or am I looking at the picture wrong ?

I guess this is not a problem for me as I had to pay more for the extra cut.
Just wanted to warn others that the prints may not be accurate and to BEWARE and for them to take the piece off the motor to have a pulley match what they have.

The Blue prints does not have the key way cut thru the very top step.

The cut out across the top step was redone. The one that does not come to the top is the way the blue prints have it.
001.JPG
002.JPG

I want us to get to the bottom of this so nobody uses the print wrongly or has to pay more money.

This is what I got from LB's machinist and what we've had in the gallery. It shows the key notch:

image.php

On your pulley, the correct keyway cutout is at the green arrow as indicated in the drawing. Why does it have the other cut out at the red?

002.JPG

The red is how they cut the pulley the first time using the plans.
The green is how they cut it after I took the timing gear to get the pulley done to fit.

Here is the plans I took to the machinist.
CCI12062016_0001.jpg
CCI05252016.jpg

The second drawing is for a steel pulley with lightening holes and for an Optional key way at 180 degrees. I don't think it is from the same shop that built the originals.

I have no idea where the second drawing came into being for use as a crank pulley for our bikes but it may fit fine also, but to clear the air on this topic as far as the first drawing goes...the dimensions along with the key notch placement is correct.

image.php

For trivia sake and to give credit where credit is due, the above was redrawn from the original which started out here at CGW a few years before LB had them made:

image.php