LOGIN  
Welcome to Classicgoldwings Chat Live Chat:   >   It is currently August 19th, 2018, 9:17 am
Who Is Online: Vestjyden ....1 guest(s) viewing this forum
Jump to:  

Portal » Forums » Repairs and Modifications » Goldwing Customizing » Single carb and other custom fuel delivery Mod's

Welcome to Classic Goldwings!
You are now viewing the forums as a guest which has very limited access to the forums.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.

Share Post: Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace  Post Number:#1  Unread postPosted: October 27th, 2013, 1:45 pm

Topic author

Total Posts: 456
Active Topics: 33

Total Images: 3
Local time: August 19th, 2018, 12:17 pm
My Bike Models: 82a

Profile Personal album

Weber/ Holley/Carter 32DFT & 32/34 DFT Carb Specs, Jetting, and Pictures for Tech Reference

Single Carb Conversion 2 Barrel Progressive Holley,Weber 740 carb

32DFT Single Carb. # # # MPG No.'s # # #

Single Carb Conversion: Adapt the stock plenum

New holes to fit the 740 series carb to the VW type 4 manifold

Single Carb. Conversion, VW Plenum & Modding, the OEM Manifolds

Tuning the VW Plenum Manifold, Adding a Venturi to the Tube Runners

how to build "1 cut" pvc and rubber plenum to factory elbow intake runners.

Yet another single carb thread :) Dan's 1" runners from plenum to custom head flanges

32DFT Carb Icing Issues, Heating with Coolant, Heated air Intake and other methods of Heating,

How to build a single carb manifold.

Single carb video's, post yours

Share Post: Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace  Post Number:#2  Unread postPosted: October 27th, 2013, 2:51 pm

Site supporter
knocker
C5 Club
Single Carb Club

Total Posts: 20797
Active Topics: 825

Total Images: 4096
Local time: August 19th, 2018, 9:17 am
My Bike Models: 1983 Interstate with '84 1200 engine, Solex single carb, and C5 ignition.
2016 KLR 650
2018 Ducati V4S
My Bike Logs forum link: viewforum.php?f=122

Profile Personal album

My YouTube Channel
Good index.

I'll lock and sticky this thread then add to your first post as we get new threads.

PLEASE! Use your Gallery album for saving pictures instead of using attachments or picture sharing sites, especially technical reference pics. This will make sure your images will ALWAYS be in your post and the discussion thread will make sense!
Go HERE and learn how to use the Gallery.

Image Image ImageClick to order CGW Stuff

If you know someone can embroider our 3" patch, let me know!
My photo gallery
How to use the Gallery, Part 1, Part 2

How to add your bike photo to the rotating banner and our Banner Rides Page.

Share Post: Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace  Post Number:#3  Unread postPosted: November 1st, 2013, 3:05 pm

Topic author

Total Posts: 456
Active Topics: 33

Total Images: 3
Local time: August 19th, 2018, 12:17 pm
My Bike Models: 82a

Profile Personal album

so what is the best carb to get and which is the best vendor?

Quote:
Is there such a thing? With the number of threads on the subject, it is kind of confusing as to what is working best.

viewtopic.php?p=99165#p99165
Attachment:
740.jpg

Single Carb Conversion 2 Barrel Progressive Holley,Weber 740 carb

GL1000/1100/1200 Single Carb Conversion 2 Barrel 32DFT Progressive Runs Excellent
Quote:
I want to start off by saying that this was a collaborative effort,

I did not do this Alone.

And,

My Bike, is not the only Bike, that is Running Great Now, with this Exact or very Similar Single Carb Conversion setup.

This Single carb. Setup, is a Forumla for success, out of the box success, with the 32DFT 2-barrel Progressive Carb. No Jetting at all, all i did was, remove the Elec. auto choke (It is Not needed) start the engine, and set the Idle to 1000 rpm, Then inspect for leaks, air up the tires and Go for a Ride.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. You must LOGIN or REGISTER to view these files.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.

Print view |
LOGIN  
Welcome to Classicgoldwings Chat Live Chat:   >   It is currently August 19th, 2018, 9:17 am