My new 2 to 1 to type 4 adaptor plate

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan filipi

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1983 Interstate
2018 KLR 650
2018 BMW S1000 RR
My Bike Logs forum link
https://classicgoldwings.com/forums/dan-filipi.122/
Thanks.
Still pissed I went too deep with the one screw recess but I'll belt sand the heads flat and the gasket will take care of the rest.

Tomorrow drill the center hole and bolt holes down to the plenum.

Later that same evening.....

Had another look,
The gasket to the type 4 plenum leaves the 2 screw heads exposed to a leak.
The one I drilled too deep is one of them so plan is to drill the other equally deep and fill seal with 2 part epoxy.

sheesh just about anything will work ...even thick gasket ...this is not that big a deal ...i say say the campletely hard stuff ...what if you need access to it ...what ever used needs to be easy to undo ...in my opinion....also i think dan i think you need to incorporate a screen between plate and transition piece to protect from drop ins getting to motor ... as far as screws go id just use some gasket goo dabs rated for gas ought to be many choices there ...it all looks great to me ... :BigGrin: .

jb weld,orig not "jb quick" !! i have used it for Many years on my race heads and intake manifolds when i ported too much and went thru the ports with never a problem. let it set up as required and grind and sand to fit/shape and never give it another thought.

Jb Weld is great, been using it on stuff since I was a teen.
2 part epoxy is better here than the putty stuff you knead to mix up. Save that stuff for repairing a bathtub hole.

Now if you would just paint some plywood grains onto it, it would be perfect!! :smilie_happy:
Nice job :good:

+1
I always try to make the job easier for the next person ( usually me). If I forget to use anti seize on the bolts you can bet that I will be stuck fighting them off rather than having an easy time of it. I believe in a blood rule! If I bleed the customer has to pay more!!

Gees.

Ok well tomorrow I bolt back on and run it to see what effects this might have had.
I doubt anything but if I don't check it before my next mod then I won't know what affected what.

Latest posts