#3 carb not giving fuel? Or to much?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diggidan

Reaction score
Short story long.

Problem:
#3 carb on my -82 GL1100 won't make the cylinder go boom boom.

Solution: ?

Back story:
First the bike fires up good and all cylinders are working.
So, a few weeks ago I got a leak between carb #2 and #4 due to dry o-rings on the pipe going between the carbs.

I order 4 pcs rebuild kits from oldwing.eu.
I take the whole carb assembly out and exchange the broken seals. While I'm at it I decide to replace the "float needle", "float needle seat" and the "float bowl seal".
I put the carb assy back together and put it back in the bike. The leak is now fixed BUT now the #3 cylinder won't fire up. First gasoline flows out from the exhaust pipe from #3. I take out the spark plug and it's super black and wet.
So I then assume the spark plugs doesn't fire up and therefore overflows.
I let the spark plug be out to dry out the cylinder and then try to start it up again.
Now the gasoline doesn't flow the exhaust pipe but the #3 still doesn't fire up.

I now need some tips on what it could be... I dread taking out the carb assy again due to the pain in the baguette to take out.
I have documented the "rebuild" on youtube if someone sees some stupid things i did maybe. The actual rebuild is in "part 3". Maybe you see something I don't

https://youtube.com/channel/UCviS4MuGUkNa7s4qTnaBFDA
I took out the accelerator-pump-thing located in the #3 carb but didn't know what to do with it so I just put it back together. I don't know if that could be the issue but I think it's weird my problem just is focused on the #3 carb. All the others just fires up in a millisecond.

Thanks guys!

Skickat från min SM-G973F via Tapatalk

First time around, you had gasoline coming out the #3, and plug was wet, that means a substantial overflow... enough to wash the cylinder down really hard. Second time, no fuel... sounds like the float valve is having some difficulty operating properly, like... it's jammed and will either stick open, or shut.

best action would be to pull the carbset, remove the float bowl from #3, and investigate. Could be a piece of debris, could be float linkage didn't get made up quite right... or damage to the float (crack, puncture, etc?)

Thanks guys!
I will take out the carbs again and investigate this!

I'll come back with results :)

Skickat från min SM-G973F via Tapatalk

Just keep going after it these carbs are nightmare at first and always ..if you ever get it going good ride it often and run ATF mix in the gas about 6oz per tank ..it should stay good doing that in my opinion