ever wonder if the replacement solenoid actually fit?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joep

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Background.... several years ago I had to replace my starter solenoid on my 1100 interstate and ordered from partsnmore.com .... When it arrived I found that the solenoid plug did not fit with the fuse in place because of the oem main fuse clip would sit on top of the fuse and not guilty seat.. so back then I ground off the clip attachment and wired it up and ran my 1100.. fast forward to this week and the 1200 would not start with the starter button and also battery peaked... so since the 11 needs brake rehab.. I short of borrowed the solenoid.... well had some corrosion on the pins and while I was cleaning and burnishing the  pins I pulled the fuse also and it had one pin come out ofc the plastic casing.. (blade fuse)... do I went and got derangement 30 amp fuses and looking at it and thinking I didn't want to cut the clip off I did some thinking out of the box... and inserted the fuse from the bottom of the fuse holder... pictures will follow first is how it is displayed as advertised...the installed solenoid pics are fuzzy I wanted to ride not take pics.. Will take clearer ones later..

Attachments

• fuse true intended location.png
    fuse true intended location.png
    30.1 KB · Views: 173
  • fuse location rethink.png
    fuse location rethink.png
    27.7 KB · Views: 166
  • plug and fuse interference.png
    plug and fuse interference.png
    9.9 KB · Views: 170
  • solenoid with alternate fuse location.png
    solenoid with alternate fuse location.png