'93 GL1500 Interstate

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That advertisement, is most likely fake.

I've noticed over the course of the last year or so, that my local Craigslist postings have had a huge amount of fake postings. I found them by noticing the same ad, posted in different locations, identifying different cities. Spammers, hackers, etc., have been using Craigslist to 'harvest' email addresses and telephone numbers for the purpose of identity theft.

Here's some of the characteristics:
1) unusually low price.
2) price ends in odd number (like... $2864)
3) description looks well-done, but... doesn't match pictures
4) few pictures... generally less than six
5) Pictures don't match description
6) Pictures don't match EACHOTHER.
7) Phone number (to text) or email only
8) Phone number is mobilie, not land-line, rings to voicemail only (at that point, they already got your number)
and finally...

You see exactly same ad in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, Tallahassee, Florida, and Weed, California... with different phone number

In this case, take a look at the odometer... BOTH of them. These photos were 'harvested' elsewhere online, probably from some 'real' craigslist ad, then re-used here.

Dave, I don't think you and I are looking at the same ad. I've seen (and passed over) many ads that you describe. This ad has a CL only reply, is for $3500 even, and the pics all match up. Just my $.02, Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.