MAKING A TRIKE

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CLICK HERE to go to the video.

Dave / Believer45

My pleasure. Very impressive project you are working on, I wish I had the talent for something like this.

Been a while since my last post post but work still progresses.
Biggest job nearly sorted now is the clutch. I made a new pressure plate but left out a small but vital turning step. Sorted now and assembly slowly proceeds. But for some reason the cable attachment lever is now not correctly aligned. Hope to worry that into submission soon.
Another fairly big job is making a complete wiring diagram.
All the electrical parts work but my old bike diagram was close but not quite all there and the changes I've made are legion. So it's out with the laptop and open office draw and a long winter job rolls on. I am checking each terminal, starting at the front and laying it out.
Other work is on tidying the homemade handbrake lever. I am fitting a small guide to prevent the lever from rocking sideways and also fitting a grease point to the lever swivel.

IMG_0195.JPG

Looking really grim but it all works! This is the labelling and tidying job

IMG_0158.JPG

The white tube carrying the handbrake actuator will be drilled here for the grease point

IMG_0178.JPG

The 2 lugs either side of the handbrake lever will be drilled to take a restraining plate