Trailer

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digr

Reaction score
This is a trailer I made for my 1983 and repainted it for my 93

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    196.9 KB · Views: 538
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 529
Very nice. I have a Cycle Mate that I have pulled behind a few WIngs over the years. It was painted to match a 1990 SE I had and when I sold that bike the guy wanted the trailer too but I just figured I may need it. I store all my camping stuff in it. ;-)
I also pull it behind my Miata when we are going on a trip and need more space. Also towed it behiind my Mini Van one year to Florida instead of putting a car top carrier on the van. It now gets pulled by the 1200 A when I go on a trip.
TRAILERS ARE COOL !!!!
Is that hitch you have a swivel type and something that you designed?

dlslick":23p1yo5i said:
Very nice. I have a Cycle Mate that I have pulled behind a few WIngs over the years. It was painted to match a 1990 SE I had and when I sold that bike the guy wanted the trailer too but I just figured I may need it. I store all my camping stuff in it. ;-)
I also pull it behind my Miata when we are going on a trip and need more space. Also towed it behiind my Mini Van one year to Florida instead of putting a car top carrier on the van. It now gets pulled by the 1200 A when I go on a trip.
TRAILERS ARE COOL !!!!
Is that hitch you have a swivel type and something that you designed?
Ty everyone, I made the hitch out of a tie rod end, I thought the 2" ball hitch looked a little huge for such a small trailer The trailer is nice when you stay in one spot for a few days. I found that no matter how much storage one has the wife will fill it up.

89-300ce":17y7mfer said:
What is the weight of that unit? Could you post a picture of the front wheel and tongue system? I sure like the size.
Ty I don't know the weight but I only carry 6lbs of air it the tires.The trailer is on it second bike with about 65,000 miles on it. I will get pics when I can, its kind of hidden now for the winter. Here are some pics of the trailer in its brown mode. You can see the basic hinge system in the pic. I have since made a different tongue that is longer and a different attachment system. The safety chains are dog chains

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 400
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    170.7 KB · Views: 397
:good: That's a neat set-up...not too big, not too small.....it's juuuuust right! :salute:

I was hopeing to see how the wheel works in your new tongue set-up. Again, nice size. Being able to bring it into a motel room makes access so convenient and once in the room you can go for a ride without leaving the trailer in the parking lot. Smart.

I think all things concidered digr has created the ideal trailer.

Big enough to hold everything that needs to stay dry with a rack for other stuff including a cooler, looks great, small enough to tow easy, and portable enough to stash away in the corner.

Well done!