Gl 1000 wheels and tires

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry

Reaction score
Will all years of the GL 1000 wheels fit a 1977?
I'm not liking the wire wheels..

What modern metric tire size is correct for the old tire inch sizing?

Like: 350. H 19 equals what?
4.50 H 17 equals what?

ok 75-77 fork bottoms are different than 78-79 wheels that use comstar wheels speedo gear is on opposite side ...and im not sure about rotor off set to match calipers ....plug and play to comstar wheel is forks... brakes and all ...even stem bearing ...but im sure thers a way to cut the parts back ... like my bike has 1200 wheel on it ...82 1100 rotors..and some hand milling and the rest is all 1000 forks and brakes ...and its fine so ..theres always a way ...i did my bike to get tires like i wanted ...bike is also darksided with car tire not many 1000s have that going on...just saying all thins possible :popcorn:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=158183#p158183:2hcnhr09 said:
joedrum » 7 minutes ago[/url]":2hcnhr09]
ok 75-77 fork bottoms are different than 78-79 wheels that use comstar wheels speedo gear is on opposite side ...and im not sure about rotor off set to match calipers ....plug and play to comstar wheel is forks... brakes and all ...even stem bearing ...but im sure thers a way to cut the parts back ... like my bike has 1200 wheel on it ...82 1100 rotors..and some hand milling and the rest is all 1000 forks and brakes ...and its fine so ..theres always a way ...i did my bike to get tires like i wanted ...bike is also darksided with car tire not many 1000s have that going on...just saying all thins possible :popcorn:

Cool, you got a real Frankenwing.