Unicorn horn wanted!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fogey

Reaction score
I have a set come in of what appeared to be pretty decent LTD carbs. Taken in by the chrome, and checking just the #1 and #2, that's what I thought I had. But when I strip them down I find I have a #4 775A body. This is not good.

I can see no difference between the bodies, but these number changes usually mean that there are differences, so I have emailed Randakk to see if he knows what. Open to any and all suggestions.

They have the correct jets and someone has done a carefull job in changing the chrome levers into the #4 775. Obviously done quite while ago, and they have been run in that configuration.

Anyway, I'm putting a shout out for a #4 763 body, but really without much hope.

No idea Maurice,
I bought some sets of a big breaker in England, who generally brings in his stuff from the States. So most likely from a US model, but I don't know if that makes any difference. The only thing I can see different in that body is the slightly smaller holes under the puck, as against the larger ones in the 76 bodies. I have ordered drills to open them up and other than that, I believe the only difference between the normal carbs and the LTD ones is the chromed parts.
Not had any reply back from anyone else yet.

Latest posts