Restoration 1975 GL1000 K1 from 2014-2015.....

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG Rudolph of Utrecht Netherlands. That is beautiful and you should be proud of what you have accomplished. Can't imagine what you have in that bike in blood and treasure.

I noticed the clock on the bars. I got one of those and am sorry to say it lasted a month. Hope yours does better.

Congratulations! I think you loved doing it, i would. Maybe you're now in a empty zone and you need the next work to start! After a beautiful restauration is sometimes a vacuum. :)
Enjoy your ride with proud.

@ weedo2 & JoeBar Team,

Thank you.......!

Indeed it was a lot of work and you fall more or less in a "vacuum" when it is finished.......
However, one time is enough.......enjoying the flowers, the birds, nice social contacts and the sun is an even more important matter....

BTW: my '75 GL1000 K1, was purchased in 1978 (10.000 mls).....as a second owner I drove it a couple of hundred miles untill 1983......after that it was stored for 31 years (2014) in my garage...
Fortunately in 1983 I did spray considerable amounts of anti-corrosion lubricant in the cilinders, muffler etc. and thanks to that preservation I was able to turn after 31 years the engine with the kickstarter ......omg, what a relief was that for me......I was prepared for the worst.

I was a retired person for many years already (now nearly 74 of age) but suddenly suffered a full year with severe psychic problems requiring medical treatment.......after feeling a lot better I started in 2014 restoring my GL1000 K1 as a therapy......
I still use some regular medication, but life is really beautiful again.....

It took me (believe me) 800 hours of labour (I like working untill 5 o'clock in the morning) and 400 hours spending on the internet to gather specific know how about the GW and to search for parts......
Parts, tires, SS spokes, brake parts, paint, professionel polishing (not mirror-like), re-spoking of the wheels by myself and lined/tightened by a professional,etc, etc, costed me a approx. $ 4.000,-

Kind regards,
Ruud

Hi rudolphwolven
I also have issues with my body and at least i'm able to make short rides with my bikes and do some little and easy mechanicals things on them, it's the best therapy for me so i can put my aches away for short time and quite forget my disability. This makes me happy.

Beautiful ! Better than new ! Glad to hear you are feeling better also, Good therapy to restore a bike , I have done 3 in the last 4 years just finished a 1979 CBX , And i think the love on working on them is very good for the mind ,Also keeps me out of the Pub !! LOL Enjoy :salute:

Exceptional. I too hope you are able to enjoy riding it for all the time, mind and effort you've invested in the restoration. It's a beautiful bike.

Gary H.

"A good looking bike does just that; it looks good. A beautiful bike runs as good as it looks".

Museum piece!
Aren't you hesitant to ride that beautiful bike only to be tainted with road grime?

Didn't know the false tank opened up that way. Much better serviceability than later models.
Why did Honda change the design?