Water heated manifold

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leggman

Reaction score
I am working on my 77 goldwing and I am going to make it a single carb just like I did the 79 a few weeks ago. I am looking for information on where and how to tap into the water system to heat the manifold. I will be making my manifold from steel tubing and either putting some kind of copper lines in the manifold itself or adding a water reservoir to the bottom of the manifold to heat it. I have looked at the thermostat covers for the 1200 gl's and It looks like an option but not sure. It would be nice to see pics of how others have done it so I can get some ideas.
Thanks in advance.

I think I will not heat the manifold yet. It should be easy enough to do over the winter if it becomes a necessity and right now I just don't have enough miles with a single carb to justify the change.

yes i dont go for the heated manifold is somehow better ...my experience has been the opposite ..cool charge works better and has more power ..i will say if the carb is not dial in good icing can be a huge problem ...