Spark plug change out

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmmm i dont know one but id pull one wire at a time shop vac or blow out the hole ..pull the plug with proper fitting tools ...replace with new plug being careful not to cross thread..and replace wire ..go to next plug and repeat ...

oh the oldwings have drain holes that need to check and cleared out so water dont collect in the holes you should like do this first id say before cleaning out plug hole ..hope this help you

I used google search and found one for an 1800 but they are pretty different. Principles are the same buuuuut different. He went through a lot of stuff that I don't even think about anymore but is good stuff.

Best way to keep from cross threading them is to get a piece of rubber hose that will fit over the ceramic part of the plug and use that to screw it in by hand with out a ratchet. At least that is my technique. Humn a video... mayhaps might make one never though of doing that... maybe Dan has one?

Edit: Use a torque wrench for putting the proper torque, don't JUST use the rubber hose. AND it is only something in the neighborhood of 10'lbs