What do the Seat Bolts look like? 1984 GL1200

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcusknight

Reaction score
I seem to be missing the Seat Bolts on my 1984 Standard. The old owner put a make shift bolt in, and on the other side its missing completely. Can someone show me a picture of what they are actually supposed to look like?

They are different on each side...

One side is a different size than the other.

One side (left) is called a seat adjusting pin, the other side is called an allen bolt.

Unless you want to adjust the seat, bolts work fine.

Attachments

• seat left.JPG
    seat left.JPG
    9 KB · Views: 101
  • seat rightCapture.JPG
    seat rightCapture.JPG
    8.2 KB · Views: 100
Wait a second... On the Standard, both the bolts are the same and the spring loaded adjustment piece on the left side is not there. The bolts are just a 6MM hex head bolt with a little washer that recesses inside the seat bracket. The adjustability of the seat is controlled by the lever inside the tank shelter.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=202600#p202600:1773jlxw said:
brianinpa » Today, 9:24 am[/url]":1773jlxw]
Wait a second... On the Standard, both the bolts are the same and the spring loaded adjustment piece on the left side is not there. The bolts are just a 6MM hex head bolt with a little washer that recesses inside the seat bracket. The adjustability of the seat is controlled by the lever inside the tank shelter.

Since your profile says you own one, I am inclined to believe you. :thanks:

I take some pictures when I get home. I rode the 87 to work today. It's a hard life when you walk into the garage and have to decide which bike you are going to ride today...