Help with repair of the rear suspension

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HOTOREL

Reaction score
Good day. Do not scold me severely for my English because I'm from Russia =)
I have trouble occurred. Leaked oil from the rear suspension. One of the dampers figured I still have a motorcycle while I was shooting. As they make out what would replace the seal and fill with new oil. Conventional dampers are not judged the time, and air - the first time. In Russia no one on such bikes do not drive, this one can not tell. Very much hope for your help.

P.S. Mark my bike HONDA 1200 Aspencade CE-i
P.P.S. If you have not found where that is already laid out instructions for disassembly, then please do not swear, and provide a link =)

IMG_20131020_151243.jpg

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=101065#p101065:2jfexosb said:
HOTOREL » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:18 pm[/url]":2jfexosb]
Good day. Do not scold me severely for my English because I'm from Russia =)
No scolding here. Welcome to the group!
I have trouble occurred. Leaked oil from the rear suspension. One of the dampers figured I still have a motorcycle while I was shooting. As they make out what would replace the seal and fill with new oil. Conventional dampers are not judged the time, and air - the first time. In Russia no one on such bikes do not drive, this one can not tell. Very much hope for your help.
Translation as I understand it-
Problem here. Oil leaked from the rear suspension (shocks). One of the dampers (shocks) seems good? No one near knows this bike. I need a link for the shock rebuild and the quantity and type of fluid to use.
P.S. Mark my bike HONDA 1200 Aspencade CE-i
P.P.S. If you have not found where that is already laid out instructions for disassembly, then please do not swear, and provide a link =)

file.php
I think this is what you wanted to say. Welcome to the world of old Goldwings.

I think this is the link you want-
gallery/image_page.php?album_id=1268&image_id=13711

slabghost, Yes, it is the most =) Thank you very much. Tomorrow I'll go take them apart.

Thank you very much that you responded so quickly =) One shock I made out (which has all the pressure came on a motorcycle while standing still) and the second is still under pressure! How to me to pit him that he had not shot me while I'll disassemble it?
I read both statements and did not find as there was vented air ...
Thanks in advance =)

82a, да я весьма не плохо разговариваю по Русски =)

EDIT - (Roughly translated - "Yes, I did not quite bad at talking English")

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=101147#p101147:3oeokt6o said:
HOTOREL » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:43 am[/url]":3oeokt6o]
Thank you very much that you responded so quickly =) One shock I made out (which has all the pressure came on a motorcycle while standing still) and the second is still under pressure! How to me to pit him that he had not shot me while I'll disassemble it?
I read both statements and did not find as there was vented air ...
Thanks in advance =)
:headscratch: Okay the best I can understand here is you have one shock with no pressure and one shock pressurized. It looks that way in the picture of them on the bench. With the air lines removed there should not be air pressure. Maybe one has a good spring and the other spring is broken. You will need a tool to compress the shocks to safely take them apart.

Welcome to the forum. Lots of good advice and recommendations here. Like the fuel injected '85 and '86 bikes - have an '85 Limited Edition, the forerunner to your bike.

Ask away and we can try to help. Cheers