new used 1500

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dvjoiner

Reaction score
just move up from a 1200 to a 1500 is there any i need do different in mait.

:clapping: :party:
Congrats!! The usual....check tires/brakes, timing belts, etc. LOTS more electrical stuff on them that can fail, or give problems. So far, I haven't had any real issues with mine, other than the alternator, which I replaced not long after I bought it. Ride and enjoy!

How may miles? I'm thinking stearing head bearings. Drain the two plastic tubes under the left side cover, the one under the radio not the one under the seat. Just remove plastic caps and drain(into something not the side of your bike :smilie_happy: ) the gunk and replace caps. Careful when changing air filter as these tubes can fall off and slide down onto road(don't ask me how I know this :? ). I recommend a volt meter of some kind I use the cheapo Kuryacan one found on any GL1500 acc website. If you ever have to change the alt the high output ones are usually a bit longer making them a pita to install. I passed on the Compufire brand, you don't need it and they tell you to install 2 dogbone fuses... one on top of the other :roll:
The rear brake pads CAN be changed without completely removing the left saddlebag(I have a thread on this here somewhere) OR the cables. :good:

I got more but I'm off to pick up wifey.

~O~