Spark Plugs

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winger 82

Reaction score
What's the big deal about these E3 spark plugs ?? has anyone been using them in their Wings or other engines ?? Only thing I can see is that they would burn hotter. Am I on the right track with that ??
Thanks Winger 82 :hi: :hi: :hi:

I doubt they burn any hotter if the correct heat range is chosen. Some claim smoother running and better mpg with them. I may consider trying them next plug change. I have found that the more exotic designs of plugs seem to foul faster than the old conventional plugs. E3 seems to be near impossible to set gap. Good for some I suppose. If you do try a set. Feel free to post your impressions.

I see the E3 spark plug gap is 0.44 in versus the recommended gap on the NGK DPR8EA-9 of 0.36 in. A bigger gap means more voltage is needed to fire the plug. I'd make sure the ignition system on your bike could fire them before spending $6 a plug. Rock Auto will sell you the NGK plugs for $1.49 each plus shipping.

I checked the only review on Jeggs for the E3 plugs and the reviewer said he felt the E3s didn't fire hot enough and he went back to his original plugs after 3 months.

I've run the E3 plugs in my old Suburban about 10 years ago. I very carefully monitored the fuel mileage and found no change in the mileage. Ran them till next plug change and went back to the Delco I had been running. The plugs that came out looked no different from any other plug that I've run b4. For me, save the dollars!

Can't go past standard plugs in Goldwings as they are so easy to change and low cost. :yes:

Thanks, was thinkin about putting a set in my truck but have not talked to anyone around here that had been using them, Always NGK 's in the Wing :good: :good: :good: