Cleaning Windshield - Best Practices

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcusknight

Reaction score
I have one of them Slipstreamer plastic windshields with that vent in the middle on it. Its got like a year or two worth of bugs, gunk, and dirt on it. Just inquiring what the best methods are for cleaning. Obviously, get it very wet before attempting to get stuff off, but I kind of think that a good soap is indicated for this, not just some spray bottle cleaner. I want to get the stuff off and also avoid scratching etc.

Advice?

To remove the bug carcass' I use hydrogen peroxide. Spray on, wait till fizzing stops, use soft cloth and wipe off, or you can rinse off if you are doing the water wash on the bike. The bug remains just about melt off.

I use Plexis plexiglass cleaner. Spray on the whole windshield (bugs included), let set for about 3 minutes and they will come right off with a soft cloth (do not use paper towels).

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=201605#p201605:31lalygn said:
mcgovern61 » Today, 12:46 pm[/url]":31lalygn]
I use Plexis plexiglass cleaner. Spray on the whole windshield (bugs included), let set for about 3 minutes and they will come right off with a soft cloth (do not use paper towels).

That's a great travel cleaner :good: