Week-end ride to Parsons W. Va.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dadster

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Me, Shorty (shortys86aspencade) and a another buddy are riding down home this Sat. Staying over night and coming back Sun. Gonna take Mom out for breakfast for Mothers day Sunday morning. She's 88 yrs. young and going strong. Expecting to get a little wet on the way back but on a wing that's all I get, a little wet.

Shorty needs to run his GL1200 to get rid of the cobwebs. It's been backfiring a little every now and then. He'll dump in some seafoam when we leave and see if 280 miles smooths things out. These bikes run better the more you ride them.

Was going to take the PA. turnpike out to Bedford then south on 220 through Cumberland Md. But the toll one way is $20.70 so we're taking Rt.23 to 30 W. It's getting too expensive to run the turnpike. I can't imagine what the big trucks pay. The good thing about going the way we are besides saving $41.40 round trip is riding slower and being able to see the sights.

Looking forward to running the mountains and seeing my cousins even if they all do talk funny. :smilie_happy:

I am glad that inflation is causing you to take the much better traveled routes! :yes:
One thing that I love about my riding buddies is that we are always discovering new backroads which makes the ride more of an adventure. :good: Have a great trip! :yahoo: