BRAKE HOSES, 1983

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tory

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where to get brake hose's,stainless braided or otherwise,for a 1983 1100 with linked brakes?
A couple years ago I replaced the right front do to being plugged,but I had to search through a raybestos buyers guide to find something to work,ended up putting 2 shorter hoses together.Now my left front(the one on the handle) is feeling like it isnt where I would like to be.

With the sidecar I would like to all I can out of the brakes,but can not find a source foe new hoses.

Great links Thanks. help me out with them.

Vencowings are pricey,but if there right and complete....

Orientexpress isnt listing the 83 seperate and we all no they are not the same as the 82

All bikeparts are a great price,but only list the 83 aspencade.Are they the same?

Yeah it is,I just dont want to end up with a set that dont fit.
The ventcowings ones are pretty straight forward,but the price doubled as soon as they took over the product line.Kinda ticks me off a bit.But if those are the best Ill pay it.If allbikes are correct,there a much better buy.

Very good price.

What concerns me is "Bremzen Stainless Steel Brake Lines For Honda GL1100 Goldwing DC Deluxe 1982-1982"
I heard DC Deluxe before but it's not a common term in the US for our bike. UK or somewhere else overseas maybe?
1982-1982 ? I've seen similar typos on Chinese web sites selling junk.

And: "They are a performance manufacturer of Stainless Steel Braided Brake lines and Ceramic Carbon Brake Pads. Fairly new to the market they have surpassed many of the other brands on the market with their new school looks and new technology."
What new technology, surpassed the other brands how, in sales because they are colorful?

But it does go on to say: "All Brake Lines and brake pads by Bremzen are vigorously tested to ensure both quality and customer satisfaction." And they are "MADE IN THE USA"
But are they really? Can say anything on a web site.

Brakes are too important for me to take a chance.
Venco has been around awhile. I know for certain they are in the US and I trust their parts.
For that piece of mind I'll pay the extra buck and a quarter.

What you are saying makes good sense dan.I was going to call allbikes tomorow and talk to them direct.But I havent decided yet wicth direction I am going to go.

I am confadent the ones form vencowings are correct,but I also know they picked the line up from paragon and doubled the price when they did.Seems like if "paragon" could sell them for 150,so can venco.But maybe Im missjudgeing them.Ill do that sometimes. :eek:

www.paragonperformance.com

Andyb":n3ugqeae said:
If you do a little searching around on that website, they also sell a kit for the 1100 made by galfer. That is a name you can trust.https://www.allbikebrakes.com/produ...1100-AD-Aspencade-1983%2d1983-MSF2238%2d.html

Maybe I worry too much but one thing I've learned if one vendor sells a similar part at double the price there's usually (not always) a reason. I've learned that many times with Home Depot's inferior quality electrical parts, lighting etc. compared to my wholesale electrical suppliers.

Although I agree with your thinking dan,the very same paragon lines that vencowings now sell where once 150 or less not to long ago,the price doubled when the product went to venco for some reason.
I make many simaler type hydrulic lines for farmers and truckers up to 1" dia and they are not near as costly per foot than these little things,theres alot of profit room there.

I called allbike today and talked to a great helpfull person named thomas.
I told thomas what I had and what my concerns where and he confermed that that was probably not the kit to fit,but that they could make them to order and would build them the same day they recieve my lines,but he then put me on hold for a minute and came back with all the correct info for the 1983 linked brake system. They apparently save all information when the make lines and they dont always make it to the web site instantly.
We went over his info and all sounded correct they come complete with all new banjo bolts and washers and are garenteed to fit ,so I ordered them at 11:00.Same 125.00.When I got home at 7:00 I had an E-mail from them saying they where finished and where shipped this afternoon.I will let you know how it goes,but dont know when Ill have time to install.

Again,the fellow that was so helpfull was named thomas,and yes he did speak perfect english :smilie_happy:

I recieved the hose from allbikes friday.They look great,but I wont have time to install them for a bit,still having issues with the wifes legs :head bang:

Sorry,its been a bit,
I replaceds the front left hose a couple weeks ago(the plugged one)and the new one fit perfectly,looks great and performs well.
Will do the other two soon.

I am a dealer for HEL Stainless Brake lines. Dan was gracious enough to allow me to inform the members of this while I get to be known on this site. I drive a truck so my posting is limited to weekends & occasional WI-FI sites on the road.

HEL Stainless lines are made in the UK & are assembled by my Distributor using only stainless steel banjo & screw type fittings. The fit & finish is very good & they will build lines to any specifications the customer needs. They do offer the banjo & screw ends in a colored finish but I don't recommend it as the ends are dipped & ARE NOT impervious to brake fluid. They are working on powdercoating the ends which would be ideal. They offer lines in 19 colors & can be seen at www.h-e-lusa.com along with some other very good info.

I am offering the lines at $40 USD each line with free shipping through the end of May & then the shipping will be a flat $15, USPS Priority Mail to your door.

Any questions please feel free to PM me. I will gladly give my cell number via PM to any member who wishes to talk to me personally.

Thanks for the opportunity, Andy

this is just another place i need to go all my brake lines came from the junkyard and off of who knows what trying to get everything hooked up when idid all my mods to my bike not like im going to be able to buy a set of anything permade :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :mrgreen:

joedrum":31sab43z said:
this is just another place i need to go all my brake lines came from the junkyard and off of who knows what trying to get everything hooked up when idid all my mods to my bike not like im going to be able to buy a set of anything permade :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :mrgreen:
Joe, I wouldn't worry about your brake lines, thats what we got boots for, Flintstone style! :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

lopeha":9ae4eq0m said:
I am a dealer for HEL Stainless Brake lines. Dan was gracious enough to allow me to inform the members of this while I get to be known on this site. I drive a truck so my posting is limited to weekends & occasional WI-FI sites on the road.

I am offering the lines at $40 USD each line with free shipping through the end of May & then the shipping will be a flat $15, USPS Priority Mail to your door.

Any questions please feel free to PM me. I will gladly give my cell number via PM to any member who wishes to talk to me personally.

Thanks for the opportunity, Andy

Sounds like a great deal,wish I knew you then,Id have given them a try.

Hey Joe... you can always add taps to those boots and play spary when stopping... :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

but I know how you feel about the getting them .. I WANT them but gotta figure out how with out killing the rubber check book..