Dunlop D404 performance reports...

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omega Man

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd like to start this thread so here I go...

I owned these tires on my 1100(old girlfriend). At first I thought these tires were great and compared to the miss matched tires(Metzler front and Harley rear) that came with the bike they were, but that feeling changed. The front has the offset middle groove and I have to say it did track a little but that could have been due to the terribly rough and worn asphalt most Vegas roads suffer. The rear never gave me a sense of confidence while making simple turns at intersections, the rear of the bike constantly felt like it was going to wash out on me. *However when I was selling the 1100 I had a conversation with a seasoned Wing owner that told me that feeling could have been caused by the drive in the rear wheel, fodder for another thread not this one.* Lastly I was shocked at how quickly they wore out, they only lasted about a year, not sure about the mileage but it wasn't that much. To compare the Bridgestone S11's I had installed after still looked new two years later when I sold the bike...

~O~

i put 404's on my 1200 wing when i first got it and was told that the load ratingof the 404's was too low for a fully loaded wing so with less than 200 miles on them they were replaced with e3's