GL1200 front end on GL1100 for less trail

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

54Greybeard

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was wondering also about the GL1200 front end because of the smaller 16" front wheel and less trail which would make steering lighter with a side car installed. A leading link front end is the ultimate in steering ease but costs $2500. Where would one go to find out if such a swap could/has been done?

My experience with the leading link is there is no comparison to a stock front end with a sidecar IF the sidecar is set up properly. Alignment is everything with a hack.

I have no experience or even read of anyone swapping in the 1200 forks and I read many forums here and other sites.

There was a leading link for an 1100 that popped up on Craigslist a few months ago someone here bought at a VERY good price, maybe that person will see this thread and can help more.

that would be bagmaster that bought that.....1200 front forks will fit the 83 wing as it is linked brake system ....but wheel brakes rotor and all has to change its more mods to fit them on earlier 1100s or 1000s :mrgreen: