Progressive Shocks at cheapcycleparts

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raveller

Reaction score
Hi,
I put these on the back of my standard. Of course I have the removable bags so I can get to the adjustments. That saves the price of the air shocks that are a little more. I use these guys for all my OEM parts and some aftermarket also. Most of their prices are very competitive but I do check them whenever I need something.
Greg

https://www.cheapcycleparts.com/products ... -duty-13-5

I went to the site very quickly and probably clicked on the wrong one. I think the model is the 416 that I put on but I may be wrong. The shocks were a great improvement. That was before I realized that the springs could be bought from progressive to rejuvenate the stock rear shocks. Before the big crash here I actually had a link to the replacement springs and one of the guys here actually ordered them. I don't remember who.
The replacement shocks ride very well and are a world of improvement from the sgging originals that would bottom out with a very loud report when going over just the right(WRONG) KIND OF BUMP.
Greg

That's prolly me you're referring to :mrgreen: . I bought a set of the Progressive springs, and re-did my rear shocks, and it all started with someone else's thread in the time BC(before crash). There is a write-up with pics in the Shop Talk and Tech references » Manuals: Service, Owners, Misc. forum.
It rides great now with the Prog. springs in it...well enough that I can lower the air pressure to 10psi or so, and still not bottom out! :clapping:

:rant:
Since Dan has moved, and re-organised the Gallery & Tech References, some of the older links are no longer active. Ooopsie! :blush:

Try THIS LINK... :good:

You can find all of the stuff under the "Gallery Tech References" tab at the upper left of the pages. :yes:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=92721#p92721:3vr40bm9 said:
AApple » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:40 am[/url]":3vr40bm9]
:rant:
Since Dan has moved, and re-organised the Gallery & Tech References, some of the older links are no longer active. Ooopsie! :blush:

Try THIS LINK... :good:

You can find all of the stuff under the "Gallery Tech References" tab at the upper left of the pages. :yes:
Yep, pretty much all of those references have been moved to the Gallery, they just haven't been re-linked yet.
I'll try to fix that this morning. Shouldn't take too long.

But in the meantime, like it says on the first line of the first post......

All of these manuals and references (and more) can now be viewed online in our Gallery